Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Annoyed with sales misrepresentation!

Have 2 phones on one account and have upgraded one from an old tariff to Simplicity and was offered a handset as an incentive as other phone providers, on shopping around, were including a free handset - so - with the promise that the 2nd phone holder could upgrade to the same package with the same offer of the handset in a couple of weeks time, we took up a new contract.

Have tried to upgrade this afternoon as we said we would and have been told that the offer is now not available!! I can't believe it!! How can they do this? They have get us as customers under false selling and I am disgusted and annoyed.

I even spoke to the Manager who said there as nothing he could do as he could not overide the system.

We have been with o2 for 15 years and I am contemplating cancelling both contracts and going elsewhere now, though I am really miffed about how we have been treated and lied to. What recourse do we have?
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you had upgraded during the time the offer was on then yes of course you could have done it, but its not on anymore.
Highlighted
Anonymous

That goes without saying, I know that, but that is not what we were told, which is my point!! :womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

I would take my complaint higher, I think it's the actual complaint department.
All the calls should be recorded, so if they told you you could upgrade the other one regardless then get them to listen to the call and go from there. Miss selling is not on at all, and hopefuly o2 would take it seriously!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

That goes without saying, I know that, but that is not what we were told, which is my point!! :womanindifferent:

Complaint Review Service
Tel 0845 3300684 ext 22510
Fax 0870 6002402

Ring them, be clear and precise. When they tell you to write in with your complaint, fax it, then ring them to confirm they have it. Make sure you take names.

On your fax be precise and to the point. Don't go over the top with allegations, but be firm and stand your ground.

I wish you luck, O2 is not at it's best at the moment.
Highlighted
Anonymous

To be honest don't see what grounds you can use for complaint, they can hardly keep the tariff open just for you. Things have moved on, it doesn't matter if it is a day or a year, the tariffs do change.
Highlighted
Anonymous

To be honest don't see what grounds you can use for complaint, they can hardly keep the tariff open just for you. Things have moved on, it doesn't matter if it is a day or a year, the tariffs do change.

We are seeing one or two complaints concerning the changing from old tariffs to new. In my opinion, there seems to be evidence of a lack of training. I have no doubt that some customers pop in here just to stir the "fecal matter", having failed in other avenues to save themselves a few quid.

But more fequently, we are seeing complaints where you can acutally imagine that lip service was paid and that certain facts were withheld, in order to get customer compliance. Whether we like it or not, we are talking to fallible human beings that are placed under ridiculous commercial pressure and something has got to give. If the training is only about "getting by" and getting them live on the call centre, then errors are going to occur.

I am sure that my cyber wife and others in here that work their butts off, will tell you that they learned most of what they know on the job.

Unfortunately, poor training and lack of experience can end up costing people money and when a team leader/manager cannot override these decisions, then it is time to reintroduce human discression and bin that **** system.

Soon there will be no need for managers and the system will decide. There you go wanty, a system that prints off your appraisal based on system related performance! One day! Smiley Very Happy

For this reason, I now firmly advocate that we should buy our handsets, opt into a Simplicity-esque contract, rolling on 30 days and if you get any nonsense from your network, you walk away. The 18/24 month contracts gives the company stability and makes it creditworthy...... and gives it a great big stick to hit you with.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I can assure you if I want to stir the 'fecal matter' I wuld not be doing so on here as a measley attempt at getting my own way! :womanindifferent:

Whilst I understand what you have said and where you are coming from, the bottom line is they are making promises they have not intention of keeping or are unable to keep all in an attempt to keep customers, and believe it or not,I have ethics, and I do not appreciate being treated like this!

I have already followed this up with an official complaint - handset apart and my frstration and annoynace apart, they are acting unfairly and need to be taken to task over it and made answerable.

In point of fact, I will be leaving o2 becuase I am fed up of their mediocre customer service - you ring in three times, get three different operators and get three different versions of everything, and that surely shows what I mean!
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Anonymous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc&playnext_from=TL&videos=UuPtFZ4VkZM

Smiley Very Happy