Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Angry, so so angry - Complaint

I bought a HD7 on release which developed a fault soon after, I reluctantly went on an 18 month contract because I had had bad service with o2 before.
Guess what, ONE month into my contract and it's shocking how poor o2 actually are... Once you're in a contract, who gives a damn if your phone doesn't work.
I went into an o2 store to show that my screen was playing up, tiles jumping all over the place and the girl behind the till said they'd be happy to replace the FAULTY unit as long as I bought the box in the following day.
This I did, wiping the memory and was happy to skip in to the store expecting a replacement only a week or two after initially getting the phone.
Shock horror, another person says sorry mate you ordered over the phone, we can't replace it in store. I explained what I had been told and of course just like any stubborn member of o2 staff he sent me away with the parting words "Yeah we've had to replace a few of those because of that fault, so it's a known issue... sorry can't help"
He gave me an email address for mycare and the first thing I did when I returned to my desk was contact an online customer service rep who told me the same thing.
So I sent off my email with details of the fault well with in the 28 days, got an email to say because I'd contacted them directly, I may not have included some details. Attached was what they needed and a reference number refering to my first mail....
Then I complain on twitter which leads somewhere but then the guy can't help me.
So today I call up and because I apparently haven't contacted them, I'm past the 28 days and am only eligable for a repair on a phone that broke in the first 2 weeks...
Today I'll be writing a complaint to the Ombudsman and sending off a complaint to consumer direct as well. I should have gone with my better judgement and stuck with my month to month contract.
Poor show o2... disgusting behaviour that's come to be expected!
Anonymous

Re: Angry, so so angry - Complaint

Whilst its wrong that the first salesperson didn't ask whether you bought it online.
Why didn't you just call O2? Or at the very least why didn't you reply to the email with the security details? Or use the contact form on the O2 website?
Anonymous

I responded to the security email from my care... I did everything the automated response asked me to, I followed the advice of an o2 representative on TWO occasions.
Anonymous

I bought a HD7 on release which developed a fault soon after, I reluctantly went on an 18 month contract because I had had bad service with o2 before.
Guess what, ONE month into my contract and it's shocking how poor o2 actually are... Once you're in a contract, who gives a damn if your phone doesn't work.
I went into an o2 store to show that my screen was playing up, tiles jumping all over the place and the girl behind the till said they'd be happy to replace the FAULTY unit as long as I bought the box in the following day.
This I did, wiping the memory and was happy to skip in to the store expecting a replacement only a week or two after initially getting the phone.
Shock horror, another person says sorry mate you ordered over the phone, we can't replace it in store. I explained what I had been told and of course just like any stubborn member of o2 staff he sent me away with the parting words "Yeah we've had to replace a few of those because of that fault, so it's a known issue... sorry can't help"
He gave me an email address for mycare and the first thing I did when I returned to my desk was contact an online customer service rep who told me the same thing.
So I sent off my email with details of the fault well with in the 28 days, got an email to say because I'd contacted them directly, I may not have included some details. Attached was what they needed and a reference number refering to my first mail....
Then I complain on twitter which leads somewhere but then the guy can't help me.
So today I call up and because I apparently haven't contacted them, I'm past the 28 days and am only eligable for a repair on a phone that broke in the first 2 weeks...
Today I'll be writing a complaint to the Ombudsman and sending off a complaint to consumer direct as well. I should have gone with my better judgement and stuck with my month to month contract.
Poor show o2... disgusting behaviour that's come to be expected!

You need to tighten up your detail a bit before we can advise you what to do. Please remember the only people in here are customers, with the occasonal intervention from an O2 staff member Chris@O2.
What happened with the twitter contact? You say it lead somewhere....where?
Anonymous

The guy on twitter tried to help me and chase things up O2's end but it eventually lead no where, which lead to my call this morning.
I have copies of the emails and automated response and I could go into the manchester Arndale store today and try and find the girl I originally spoke to but it's been 4 weeks now and I doubt she'll remember me.
The fact that the guy in store the following day admitted it was a known fault and that they'd swapped over a few HD7s that very week should have allowed him to make a judgement call and replace the phone there and then.
Anonymous

The guy on twitter tried to help me and chase things up O2's end but it eventually lead no where, which lead to my call this morning.
I have copies of the emails and automated response and I could go into the manchester Arndale store today and try and find the girl I originally spoke to but it's been 4 weeks now and I doubt she'll remember me.
The fact that the guy in store the following day admitted it was a known fault and that they'd swapped over a few HD7s that very week should have allowed him to make a judgement call and replace the phone there and then.

Personally, I would go back to the store, armed with a timeline and ask to see the Manager of the store. Before you visit the store I would call this number, Tel 0845 3300684 ext 22510 Fax 0870 6002402 which is the O2 Complaint Review Service, just to see what they suggest.
Personally, it seems to me you have had the runaround.
Anonymous

I do have to give the rep on twitter a good review he did genuinely try to help but if they haven't kept track of the correspondance then no doubt he didn't find anything which lead to his suggestion to go into store (told him I had) to which he suggested I call the help line.
Which leads me here again and another response of head back to the store... from the rather flippant "Take it or leave it" guy on the helpline
Twitter guy gets a thumbs up for at least trying and he's contacted me again just now to see how I got on.
Anonymous

I do have to give the rep on twitter a good review he did genuinely try to help but if they haven't kept track of the correspondance then no doubt he didn't find anything which lead to his suggestion to go into store (told him I had) to which he suggested I call the help line.
Which leads me here again and another response of head back to the store... from the rather flippant "Take it or leave it" guy on the helpline
Twitter guy gets a thumbs up for at least trying and he's contacted me again just now to see how I got on.

What you need to do is keep the anger for afterwards. It will only hinder you and your thinking. Don't bother emailing mycare, talk to real people and start with the number I gave you.
Anonymous

I only like to go round in a circle once though Smiley Happy
I called the number and she put me back through to Customer Service and told me to speak to a manager.
I've done that and was told to send through copies of the Mycare emails to prove that I'd contacted them before the 28 day cooling off period. She sounded reluctant to back down though but I knew I was well within my rights.
I suppose I now have to wait until the admin team dig the fax out of the machine. Smiley Sad If they're anything like me, that could take weeks Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

I only like to go round in a circle once though Smiley Happy
I called the number and she put me back through to Customer Service and told me to speak to a manager.
I've done that and was told to send through copies of the Mycare emails to prove that I'd contacted them before the 28 day cooling off period. She sounded reluctant to back down though but I knew I was well within my rights.
I suppose I now have to wait until the admin team dig the fax out of the machine. Smiley Sad If they're anything like me, that could take weeks Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a job for Chris@O2!!

I do hate it when O2 plays the "system" game. Sometimes, as a company, they appear to have lost the personal touch.

Are you telling me that you rang the Complaint Review Service and got told to ring customer services AGAIN?