cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unexpectedly high bill !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not the first time being billed with such a high bill. After the last payment which was on the 23rd of December I sent a message to find out the belance. I was surprised when I saw 109 after 12 days. It just can't be there is definitely something wrong going on!!

Has anyone went through this before?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would call o2 and change your tariff. You can upgrade (i believe) anytime although you may need to agree to a new 12 month tariff.

I would recommend £19 per month o2 sim only giving you unlimited minutes (to numbers beginning 01, 02, 03 and uk mobiles), unlimited uk texts and 1gb data.

That should solve your issue.
Message 21 of 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144902 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I would call o2 and change your tariff. You can upgrade (i believe) anytime although you may need to agree to a new 12 month tariff.

I would recommend £19 per month o2 sim only giving you unlimited minutes (to numbers beginning 01, 02, 03 and uk mobiles), unlimited uk texts and 1gb data.

That should solve your issue.

Good call Nick - £19 a month is so much better than the current bills.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is one in between at £16 which gives 1000 minutes but if they are paying £304 then that would imply they may be using over 1000 so for the extra £3 it gives them total piece of mind hence my suggestion and the thinking behind it.

Message 23 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous please do come back and let us know how you get on / what you decide to do
Message 24 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they have not included his tarrif and thereby he is using minutes out the the usual minutes becaus eit has been like that for two consecutive months! 

Message 25 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are none of the calls showing as F? Which means fully inclusive and would likely be at the beginning odd the itemised list if he has one
Message 26 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

the tarrif is tariffs O2 Simplicity 300 12M 300MB

Message 27 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
If there are no F (fully inclusive calls) showing in his bill then are you sure he is on a sim only tariff?

Is he using your phone or his own? If he is using his own does he have his own tariff (you can't share call tariffs)?

If not then he may be on pay as you go and being charged for all calls.

Message 28 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but is that your tariff or his? Can you be a bit clearer please.
Message 29 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was showing F just untill the end of the last bill of 304, but what came next and I mean by next is the 12 days between 23 December and today, there is nothing 

Message 30 of 63