cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unexpectedly high bill !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not the first time being billed with such a high bill. After the last payment which was on the 23rd of December I sent a message to find out the belance. I was surprised when I saw 109 after 12 days. It just can't be there is definitely something wrong going on!!

Has anyone went through this before?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

he is on a £11 tarrif

Message 11 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

So this is YOUR phone and YOUR bill? I just wonder why your brother has come into the equation

(with you saying he only rings his mates in Manchester)?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many minutes are included as the allowance? If you go over that the charges rack up QuickTime

Would recommend upgrading tariff to one that suits your needs better.
Message 13 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the bill is shwing that he is calling either me or 4 of his friends. For example, for 60 seconds the cost appears to be .333 most of the voice calls are like that .333 ?

Message 14 of 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
My O2 will tell you exactly where the charges are so after viewing your account, it shouldn't be a mystery.
You can also call 202 and discuss the bill with a cs rep tomorrow if you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am responsible for oaying his bill he is  a teenager!

Message 16 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am assuming you are on a sim only tariff (i.e. no handset included) in which case being a low tariff you would only have a limited number of inclusive minutes. Based on tariffs currently available you may be on a 12 month sim only with 500 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb of data.  Does this sound right? 

Note-edited to update tariff details

Message 17 of 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of the bill is shwing that he is calling either me or 4 of his friends. For example, for 60 seconds the cost appears to be .333 most of the voice calls are like that .333 ?

That's a cost per minute of a standard call outside of your allowance. So, it means no free mins left.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, sure I will.

Message 19 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, in fact we are on a sim only.

Message 20 of 63