cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i better ordering off here or going into O2 shop for a new contract and phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, im currently on PAYG but going to get a new contract and phone as my current one is old and no apps work on it, i was going to order from the website but not sure if there would maybe be better deals in the store?

If not then ill just order it from the site slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
We always suggest going in store to upgrade due to many out of stock issues on the website.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
We always suggest going in store to upgrade due to many out of stock issues on the website.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, think ill call into the store slight_smile

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Best way slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest going into Carphone or another hight street store.....will be a lot cheaper! Fear

Message 5 of 7

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would suggest going into Carphone or another hight street store.....will be a lot cheaper! Fear

This is true, but beware that the price of the whole contract will increase by inflation each year, if you buy from O2 only the airtime portion will increase - so have this in your mind if the contract is only a couple of quid per month cheaper from CPW.

Message 6 of 7

Skyhawk1010
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If you’re upgrading to an iPhone then fair enough.

All  modern iPhones have to work with functions like VoLTE and WiFi calling irrespective of network.

But if you’re thinking about an Android handset then stick with O2.

Why?

Because the VoLTE and WiFi calling needs O2 firmware on a compatible Android handset to work. So if you’re tempted by a new Sony XZ Premium and sign up via  CPW, Buy Mobiles or any other source selling unlocked handsets then these facilities will not work. Unless you somehow find a way to ‘flash’ the handset with O2 firmware. 

And in which case you might as well have got it from O2 in the first place.

Message 7 of 7