cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I or am I not going to be charged for recieving (not opening) texts whilst abroad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting charged for sending or receiving texts whilst abroad. This is the third month in a row. I have data roaming turned off, mobile data turned off and imessage turned off as suggested the last time I called to question the bill.

Maybe I should get an EE sim for travelling.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is interesting:

"With O2 Travel you’ll only be charged for the days that you use it." 

But I am, three months in a row.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

6 Feb
o2 UK
£1.660
o2 Travel

I am resolved to calling in every month for a refund.

Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

With O2 Travel you are charged £1.66 + vat  per day for using your phone when abroad. Sending one text will trigger the charge. https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That is only 1 days charge so on that day you must have sent a text, made a call or used some data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the point. After being charged for the two previous months incorrectly, I made sure that i didn't use my phone AT ALL. Everything is off, just to work out why o2 are making this mistake.
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the point. After being charged for the two previous months incorrectly, I made sure that I didn't use my phone AT ALL. Everything is off, just to work out why o2 are making this mistake.
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it is ONLY 1 days charge. But because I'm certain I didn't use the phone, it is sloppy accounting on o2's behalf.
Message 17 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Take the sim out and just use wifi, that way, no one can make a mistake.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
...and what about if I need the phone in an emergency? Find the sim and the tool to open the phone, insert and restart the phone. This is 2017 isn't it?
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I could leave the phone in the UK but After 3 incorrect bills I don't hold out much hope.
Message 20 of 23