cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I entitled to compensation for days without service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried to find an answer in the O2 terms and conditions but I've been unable to find an answer.

I have been without service for 2 days now.

I was wondering how long as a customer got to be without service before they can be compensated. By compensation I mean a reduction in the next months bill for x amount of days without service.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes you are. Phone CS and be stern about it. I did and I managed to get discounted line rental for the 3 days my phone wasn't connected properly slight_smile every little helps

To be clear, no one is 'entitled' to compensation but O2 don't normally refuse a polite request for the days of downtime. They can check on their system for the days when no i/c and o/g calls were made and they are usually accomodating. Their T&Cs state that 100% service cannot be guaranteed so days without coverage are covered. All networks have this written into their terms.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi fatboy

We have known for O2 to give goodwill gestures for loss of service and typically ringing O2 to present your claim on 202 is the required method.

They don't have to as per their t&c that the service is not fault free and isn't available everywhere.

You don't get if you don't ask 😄

Edit : I'm assuming it's nothing to do with the iPhone ref recent reported ' no service' iOS 8 bugs.

Can you try an alternative phone to check.
Message 2 of 19

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

If your service is back up and running just call customer service. Depending on who you speak to they would normally give some form of goodwill gesture though they aren't obliged to as per the terms & conditions. Live chat are a waste of time for this, better speaking to them.

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you are. Phone CS and be stern about it. I did and I managed to get discounted line rental for the 3 days my phone wasn't connected properly slight_smile every little helps
Message 4 of 19

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

To be clear, no one is 'entitled' to compensation but O2 don't normally refuse a polite request for the days of downtime. They can check on their system for the days when no i/c and o/g calls were made and they are usually accomodating. Their T&Cs state that 100% service cannot be guaranteed so days without coverage are covered. All networks have this written into their terms.

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never noticed that before thanks @jonsie for pointing that out. I think that's kind of silly though because yes I understand there are times or days that they may be carrying out technical work etc I never complained about that but surely I pay O2 for their services and why should we as customers pay if they aren't providing us with that service.
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I agree with you and if an adviser does say that they can't recredit the phone, simply call again and speak to another adviser. It's rare that goodwill gestures aren't given in my experience. I've never been refused.

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

It states the terms here which ive added for you to digest 😄

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

"2.1 The Service isn't available everywhere in the United Kingdom. It isn't available in all other countries. It may be restricted to certain areas of those countries where it is available. Not all Mobile Phones will be able to receive the Service. We may not provide the Service to Equipment that is not able to receive the Service or is not approved by us. Some Equipment facilities may be available at a later date and additional charges may apply.
2.2 The Service isn't fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness or material of the walls of the building you're in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You're entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We may direct and manage traffic on our Network as is required to deliver this quality of service. We may also carry out upgrades, repairs and maintenance works to our Network from time to time. Sometimes technical issues or outages on our Network can occur. If something goes wrong, we'll try to fix it quickly."
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well blimy my house walls must be too thick even though two phone masts are 2 mins down the road to me... Hahah
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable