Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I covered with a warranty?

Samantha890
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got my upgrade in December 17. I was walking in the rain, when my phone rang. Attempting to answer it with gloves up, I dropped the phone and it got wet. I've dried the phone completely and it turns on. But when I try to tap on anything on the screen, it doesn't respond at all. As itsi only a few months old, am I covered under a warranty? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks 😃

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Samantha890 water damage by user damage may not be covered & could warrant a repair & they may charge a fee. I suggest contacting your phones manufacturer directly to see what can be done. We recommend that you do not use O2’s repairers as they do not have the best reputation 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Samantha890 water damage by user damage may not be covered & could warrant a repair & they may charge a fee. I suggest contacting your phones manufacturer directly to see what can be done. We recommend that you do not use O2’s repairers as they do not have the best reputation 

Message 2 of 5

Samantha890
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a Samsung phone. And I have a Samsung shop locally. So I'll pop in there and see if they can help. Thank you for the quick advice 😃

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Certain phones were sold with a number free one - off replacement screen. Check in My O2 or call customer service to see if you have the bolt on.

Otherwise no one will cover you for accident or user damage and you will need to pay for the repair.

Do you have a bank account that comes with a range of services including phone insurance? Nationwide provide that free on certain accounts whilst with other banks they charge a monthly fee.

Your only other possibility is to check your home insurance if it comes with insurance for personal items

You may need a new sim card if got wet at all so mention it if you call customer service and they will send you one in the post or maybe your Samsung store is near an O2. Call in there and get a  new sim from.them. They wil get your number and tariff transferred to ut.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samantha890 You are very welcome & welcome to the forum 

Message 5 of 5