cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being targeted?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed a missed call today and returned it as I mistook it for a call I was waiting for.  While It was ringing I looked again at the number and thought it might be a call centre so hung up.

Since then there have been 11 calls - this evening, similar codes +223, +224, 247.  I have looked the codes up,

Mali, Guinea, Ascension Islands.  I have blocked the numbers.  I checked my O2 and see I was charged £1.60 (ish) for the first returned call.  Any idea what this is?  Am I being targeted?  The phone doesn't seem to ring so they come up as missed calls.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Calling an international number will cost you, hence the charge.
Unfortunately, once scammers know the number is live, they sell it on to other scammers to make money, so you'll just have to keep blocking numbers and ignore the dodgy looking ones until they give up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Check your marketing settings in your MyO2 too @Anonymous

choices.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The exact same thing is happening to me today!

I rarely receive spam calls so this is doing my head in angry

Have been blocking all the numbers, but obviously they are calling randomly from different numbers so feels a bit like I am just playing whack a mole!

Oh well. Doesn't seem like much else can be done about it.

Message 5 of 5