Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost out of all my data etc 10 days into the month

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi folks by a fluke i looked up my account today and was shocked to find Im almost out of everything

As a lot of u guys & gals know I'm pertially hearing so i rearely make calls

I use whats app a lot and during lockdown theirs been a neighbourhood group which has tailed off recently.

I rarely use www. tho recently ive looked up some crossword clues on www.  Am i supposed to switch off when finished ? Or when i leave it to go into Whats App does it stop?

Messages     well not many i use whats app...... Im very puzzled about that one?

What could be going on here?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

PS Ive made 8 calls under 2 mins duration according to my bill   The dashboard says I have 2 mins left 

The wifi might be being eaten up by Join Zoe  a daily symptom tracker for research into Covid 19. I sometimes stop by the map to check out cases in my area

Messages - I havent made many of these in past 10 days.

Should i try Live Chat tomorrow to see what s going on ?????

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Jenny105 

We don't know what allowances you are supposed to have so difficult to say if it's accurate or not.

Where are you looking to see what you have told us?

Your phone should track all your usage provided that the counter resets on your bill date.

If you feel something is wrong, you should call O2 tomorrow, in the morning around 8.00am is best. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi     Im looking at my 02  app on my laptop. 

I got in touch via Live Chat and the agent said there was something wrong as I'd only made 8 short calls . 

The dashboard is now showing 198 out of 200 minutes

961 out of 1000  messages

49.5 out 50  data

Ive tried to get through to Live Chat again but only get an atomated version

Thanks for listening .   I'll keep trying . Ive turned the phone off which means I cant take part in the Join Zoe Covid daily survey.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:

The dashboard is now showing

198 out of 200 minutes

961 out of 1000  messages

49.5 out 50  data

@Jenny105 

That is your remaining allowances, not what's been used.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

All sorted now ...........

02 are thinking my tariff is out of date . But they dont have a tarriff for a partially hearing , older person rofl   100 mins ,  1000gb   100 messages   !!!

What would be the downside to Pay As you Go.   ?  Presumably i couldnt see how much data I'm using. Just know what dosh is left

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Jenny105 

The cheapest PAYG tariff with data would cost you £10 pm.

You can get a sim only pay monthly for the same £10 which gives you 5gb of data and unlimited calls and texts.

This is the cheapest monthly sim only option https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P18M

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7