Did you mean: 

All these Millions O2 are spending and STILL no 4G yet in Dundee area...in fact

Leebroath
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

NO WHERE apart from Edinburgh and Glagow

Come on O2 you can at least give a few more cities in Scotland 4G...even Aberdeen still doesn't have 4G and I'm shocked at that

Does anyone know what the latest roll out will be or the previous one? surely with all this money o2 are supposedly spending we should have more of our areas being upgraded?

I'm going onto the 4G plan at the end of the Month but I'm also in friends and family so my Tariff is halved, I also get 8GB of Data :)

Come on O2 sort this out, plenty of other carriers in Dundee etc now offering 4G (cough THREE)

I know some threads are stating that O2 do not let anyone know their progress but I'm pretty sure a while back they emailed out to everyone where the next roll out will be...I just can't find it lol

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning @Leebroath 

Their has been no e mail regarding 4g roll out to the best of my knowledge.

You can either keep checking the link to 4G cities or register for Updates.

It was said on a previous thread by @sheepdog "Given that December is usually a period of mass holidays by workers I doubt much has gone on. Even less with the storms and wet weather we've been having since December. 

o2 are striving to improve their network by 2017 ,and that's all that is official.

Obviously if you travel and 4G is available you will move onto that as long as you are using a compatible simcard and handset.

If your upgrading soon ref going onto a 4G Tariff and this is a dealbreaker for you then if '3' give you good strong signal in Dundee then i would suggest you think long and hard about using a PAC Code to move to them, although Ive heard they give excellent 4g speeds, and all you can eat data, but trying to make a phone call is another matter on their network.

Network Future : http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

4G link : http://www.o2.co.uk/4g/coverage-and-cities

Keep in the Loop : https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates?lte

Message 2 of 16

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fantastic reply and many thanks slight_smile honestly though I do remember an email or news mentioning where the next upgrades will be. God I which I could remember where I saw it now
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leebroath wrote:
Fantastic reply and many thanks slight_smile

Hi @Leebroath 

You're welcome.

I know its not the reply you were probably hoping for and I understand how frustrating it is on having to wait.

I hope you and others get these speeds as fast as possible  {no pun intended}

Take care.

Message 4 of 16

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I got an email last October/November from O2 saying that 4G was now in my area (Liverpool), however when I had trouble getting 4G to work (unable to get the sim), I was told by a member of the O2 complaints department that, although the email from them states that 4G is now in my area, it means that it is only just beginning to be rolled out in my area and it won't be available throughout the whole of Liverpool until 2015. 

I am on a 4G tariff now but I only get a 3G most of the time even though it says on the signal status that I should have a good 4G reception in my area 😞

I think the email from O2 was a bit misleading 😞

Message 5 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Some of us do not even have 3g

I realy hate the attitued I must have it in my area first.

I am not having a go here

But realy o2 are the only network that has to by the end of 2017 provide 98% indoor coverage of data at 2mbs min speed . enforced by ofcom

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mmmm 3g? I must Google that to ascertain what it is.

We all want the very best service for the lowest price but in my area you can't even use 2g for basic email or Internet.

O2 have a massive task ahead. Annoying? Yes. Frustrating yes. End of the world? NO

Perspective needed by all.
Message 7 of 16

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Still get only GPRS or basic voice only (2G) in a lot of places even though I'm in the London area travelling round, and this was one of the first areas to be rolled out, so I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to get it in one specific location.

Where my OH lives in Surrey, just outside the M25 there's never been any 3G on O2 and it's sporadic on T-mobile and 3 too.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

But realy o2 are the only network that has to by the end of 2017 provide 98% indoor coverage of data at 2mbs min speed . enforced by ofcom

It will be interesting to see how this is monitored - O2's coverage map claims outdoor 3G (patchy indoors) here. I have not heard of anybody in the village getting even a whiff of a 3G signal, but presumably that particular box is ticked as far as O2 is concerned

Message 9 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will have to have 3g at least as 2g is not capable of delivering 2mbps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 16