cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Rounder Bolt on Confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I moved to O2 a couple of months ago and when I got a new contract I was told on the o2 website that I would receive the 500mb data allowance for free, however I've just found that I am being charged for it. I specifically remember reading on the website that it said my bill may say I'm being charged for the bolt on but that o2 wouldn't actually take the money for it, but I've just checked my bank account and they have been taking the money for it. Anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have it in writing unfortunately.

My tariff is a full handset tariff. On my bill it says the tariff is £15.50 and the data is £6 on top of that. However when I purchased the tariff I'm certain it said that the data would appear on my bill separately but I would not be charged for it. I spoke to O2 yesterday but they weren't particularly helpful. I only posted on here to see if anyone else had the same deal. I could be (and probably am) mistaken to be honest tongue Thankfully it's not going to bankrupt me or anything haha.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't remember such an offer going on sorry.

Do you have it in writing?

Welcome to the forums:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you on a Simplicity tariff or a full handset tariff?

Until a few months ago, All O2's tariffs excluded data (this isnt the case for new tariffs) so say for example your tariff was Xmins/Xtexts and 500MB data for £15.50, it's broken down on your bill like this:-

Tariff - £10.50

Data - £5

Total £15.50

When you baught your contrac did it say a price (i.e £15.50 including data)

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have it in writing unfortunately.

My tariff is a full handset tariff. On my bill it says the tariff is £15.50 and the data is £6 on top of that. However when I purchased the tariff I'm certain it said that the data would appear on my bill separately but I would not be charged for it. I spoke to O2 yesterday but they weren't particularly helpful. I only posted on here to see if anyone else had the same deal. I could be (and probably am) mistaken to be honest tongue Thankfully it's not going to bankrupt me or anything haha.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a contract with o2 in 2011.pretty sure i wouldnt have got a phone with no internet.i later added a bolt on for £10.i cancelled the bolt on 2 months ago as i was looking to upgrade.i was then charged £1 a day.o2 said i had no internet when i first got the phone and when i cancelled the bolt on i left myself with no internet.hence the £54 bill.customer services were no help whtsoever.quite snotty as it goes.not impressed,me n my partner both have contracts with o2.maybe its time to move on and get a new contract elsewhere x

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is a £1 per day data charge clearly stated on all tariffs unless you have a data bolt on. By removing the bolt on everytime your phone updated an app it was incurring the £1 per day charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i already had internet with the phone but it wasnt enough so paid an extra 10 for a gig of data.so when removed the bolt on i should still have the data i started with.but they took that aswell

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The 1gb bolt on would have replaced the previous one so by removing it you had no bolt on at all. Bolt on's are independent of your tariff. You should have cancelled the 1gb bolt on and added the 100mb bolt on for a basic, low use, data package, for £3 per month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8