1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Stuart1 

You have to follow the advice in this link.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification 

We are not O2, It's a community forum you have posted on, so it can't be done by anyone on here.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Stuart1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Asap thank you
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Stuart1 

You have to follow the advice in this link.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification 

We are not O2, It's a community forum you have posted on, so it can't be done by anyone on here.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

djbsuffolk
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I appreciate the reason why they do this but the fact you have entered into a legally binding contract and credit agreement with them should be enough to prove your age - after all you have to be 18 to take out a credit agreement, and they ask you to use a credit card to prove your age!  Surely if you have a credit agreement with them that should be enough, after all not everyone has a credit card for a variety of reasons.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@djbsuffolk 

What if a contract was bought for a minor by their parent and subsequently the minor requested the removal without parental consent?

In your example, a 12 year old could have access to all manner of Internet nastiness.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When you think about it, then it makes perfect sense and O2 are being very responsible in their approach to protecting our young ones.

A bit of inconvenience for you but it isn't difficult to have the restriction removed.

Message 6 of 7

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hopefully a 12 year old wouldn't be able to clear security ringing up customer services!!

I appreciate that the extra layers are in place for added security and I accept that - I was just making the point that you have to be 18 to get the contract - then have to prove you are 18 all over again. I don't own a credit card, never have, so I would find it impossible to remove the restrictions from my account - despite having a credit agreement with them - not that the restriction bothers me. 

I do appreciate O2 never really know who is using a phone, and how it is used once the contract is taken out - who it's passed on to.

Message 7 of 7