Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Topics: 751

Re: Age confirmation

@MI5 wrote:
Not the nice ones Smiley Happy

Maybe I should seek clarification from @Toby re this...because yes..he attempted to join this one and was asked for date of birth...so he gave up...

Sad in a way... because he is a bright kid and could have learnt a lot....Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

You do need to be 18 to join this community and that's always been written into the forum rules.

Highlighted
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,391

I've never noticed that. Not a problem that I have lol Smiley Sad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

And really just want to say I am not advocating open house for all minors.... A forum isn't Facebook after all...oh I forgot. FB has age restrictions also ...but we all know how many kids have FB accounts!

it just seems a bit stupid that we have SOME restrictions in place for SOME sites, when it is these youngsters that will be the 'digital dons' of the future?

I think if a parent or guardian acted as a sort of advocate for their child on these forums, surely the restrictions could be lifted ?

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Anonymous

The issue sometimes is not knowing wether your speaking to an adult or minor.

Perhaps something built into where the avatar and username appears.
Highlighted

@MI5 wrote:
I've never noticed that. Not a problem that I have lol Smiley Sad

Of course YOU don't Rich...and that is my point. How lucky are your kids that they never have to bother to ask questions on a forum when they have you there to sort out their phones, tablets, xboxes computers etc etc etc etc

A lot of other kids...thirsty for knowledge....: do not have that luxury...Smiley MadSmiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

Terms and conditions rule 5 applies

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/custom/page/page-id/TermsAndConditionsPage

However rule 6 and 6a has me a little puzzled. Anyone throw some light on this?

6.      The O2 Forum terms (link) apply to use of this O2 Forum for Young People. The following special terms also apply, and vary the general O2 Forum terms where appropriate:

a)         You must be 13 years of age or older to use the O2 Forum for Young People.

Highlighted

@Anonymous wrote:
The issue sometimes is not knowing wether your speaking to an adult or minor.

Perhaps something built into where the avatar and username appears.

Sorry @Anonymous  I can't see why that would ever be an issue. If someone asked a question on here about tethering or portable hotspots...etc etc etc etc ...would your answer be different if they were 15 or 30?

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,391

[ Edited ]

Rules saying you have to 18 to join though are different to a site been classified as 18+
I can still view this site (logged in or not) on my kids phones with age verification still active on their accounts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Theirs more to this forum as you know @Cleoriff

Lots of discussions go on in the off topic boards and on rare occasions the tone has been adult orientated.