cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade and sim swap lost 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have upgraded to sim only tariff, received a new sim, inserted in the iPhone 6. Contacted O2 to activate the sim and bolt on. I have done this now about 5 times, and still no 4G. Just 3G or none. The O2 gurus and top tech guys keep telling me that it all looks good and will be fine in 2-24 hours but still not working. I have reseted data network many times as well. O2 told me that bolt on is added to my account but when i check in my app its not there. Its been going on for days now. I did try all solutions i've seen here, no luck. Anyone can help please?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They need to understand the problem and ask themselves why so many calls to customer service. ...

Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue: signed up recently and used backup phone (S4 LTE) until number was ported. No 4G.

O2 first claimed it was reception (my husband is on Tesco and gets 4G just fine) the phone (though it got 4G on Tesco SIM), then that I was sent a 3G SIM (though it says 4gpp).

Thanks to this forum I told O2 CS to specifically disable any Blackberry add-on (did select "smartphone" on sign up but just in case) and they said they did. But nothing has changed. Still no 4G.

Anyone at O2 able to fix this?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ask them to also check they enabled 4G - there is another tick-box for that option too.
Changes take at least 24 hours and you should reboot your phone periodically to re-register on network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, forgot to say - I did ask (again thanks to this forum) whether 4G is enabled on this contract and they said yes. Should I specifically mention checkbox wink

Also checked the online 4G checker which allegedly checked SIM/contract is 4G enabled and phone.

Does anyone know the technical reason this is happening? Is the phone getting denied by the 4G tower?
Message 14 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
You know I was hoping this won't affect me (after reading comments on HUKD from other people that signed up before me and could not get 4G) - guess I was not that lucky ;(
Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately you just need to keep calling until you find someone who can do their job properly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would any of the O2 people here be able to do it? Shall I PM somebody - perhaps they know how to fix it all?
Message 18 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No one here can fix it, you need to call customer service and get them to sort it for you. Maybe ask for a manager...

Message 19 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Would any of the O2 people here be able to do it? Shall I PM somebody - perhaps they know how to fix it all?

Just on the off chance, have you tried texting "active" to 2020 ?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 26