Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

After spending £3000 a year with o2 they can't help me ?

After spending £3000 a year with o2 they can't help me, 10 years of loyal custom! Why am I still (3 days) later waiting for a reply from complaint review service for an issue that I feel can be easily resolved ? Is this email acceptable to a so called platinum customer?
Hello Daniel I'm sorry you couldn't get the deal of your choice. You can call our Upgrades team to talk about this. They're available on 202 (free from any O2 Pay Monthly mobile) or on 0800 1313 136 (free fromlandlines) from 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm on weekends. If you still want us to cancel your contract, please get back to us and we'll do it for you. Regards ........ Customer Service.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: After spending £3000 a year with o2 they can't help me ?

I think you'll have to wait a bit longer than 3 days if you've raised an official complaint, you don't explain what the problem is so it's difficult to comment on what you have written.
I don't see why the amount you spend is really relevant to the way a complaint is handled, there are others I expect in the queue to have theirs handled too.
They seem to have dealt with you politely and asked you to contact upgrades, I can't see anything wrong with that.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

[ Edited ]
We’ll review your complaint within five days.

Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... =obj(13668)
And I guess that is 5 Working days.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

After spending £3000 a year with o2 they can't help me, 10 years of loyal custom! Why am I still (3 days) later waiting for a reply from complaint review service for an issue that I feel can be easily resolved ? Is this email acceptable to a so called platinum customer?
Hello Daniel I'm sorry you couldn't get the deal of your choice. You can call our Upgrades team to talk about this. They're available on 202 (free from any O2 Pay Monthly mobile) or on 0800 1313 136 (free fromlandlines) from 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm on weekends. If you still want us to cancel your contract, please get back to us and we'll do it for you. Regards ........ Customer Service.

There will be people who spend more and people that spend less than you in the queue. Just be patient and don't expect miracles when looking for a deal. Remember that you are just one in about 22 million.
If you don't like it move on and do what is right for you.
Anonymous

I think you'll have to wait a bit longer than 3 days if you've raised an official complaint, you don't explain what the problem is so it's difficult to comment on what you have written.
I don't see why the amount you spend is really relevant to the way a complaint is handled, there are others I expect in the queue to have theirs handled too.
They seem to have dealt with you politely and asked you to contact upgrades, I can't see anything wrong with that.

I contacted the upgrades section and spoke to 3 diffrent members of the platinum account since the polite email was sent, basically the package I have now takes 3 text messages from my uk allowance of 600 when i text one message from out of the u.k. A new contract was agreed over the phone , I double checked with the platinum account manager that my overseas bundle would not be affected, they replied "its all the same exept the overseas text message facility can no longer be offered" , I asked out of interest how many texts I sent out of the uk in an average month, 1,200 texts apparently. At the new cost in the new contract offered of 11p a text, that's an extra £132 a month on top of my already average monthly bill of £270.
Anonymous

I contacted the upgrades section and spoke to 3 diffrent members of the platinum account since the polite email was sent, basically the package I have now takes 3 text messages from my uk allowance of 600 when i text one message from out of the u.k. A new contract was agreed over the phone , I double checked with the platinum account manager that my overseas bundle would not be affected, they replied "its all the same exept the overseas text message facility can no longer be offered" , I asked out of interest how many texts I sent out of the uk in an average month, 1,200 texts apparently. At the new cost in the new contract offered of 11p a text, that's an extra £132 a month on top of my already average monthly bill of £270.

Nobody has that facility any more and we all had to "lump it". It clearly would be cheaper for you just to buy a handset and keep your old tariff. You will need to give more detail in order to give you the right advice.
Have you actually upgraded? If so, how long ago?
Anonymous

Nobody has that facility any more and we all had to "lump it". It clearly would be cheaper for you just to buy a handset and keep your old tariff. You will need to give more detail in order to give you the right advice.
Have you actually upgraded? If so, how long ago?

I have not upgraded with o2 yet due to the text message issue, I have been offered a galaxy tablet free of charge if I take out an 18 month new contract. However if I accept this offer it cost me an average annual extra £1584, enough for 6 galaxy tablets.
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,930

I remained on my present tariff due to the overseas text allowance and still enjoy unlimited data. As AF says, I buy my handsets because I want to remain on this tariff.
Something in your post which doesn't quite add up. If you send an average of 1200 texts from overseas in any one month, only 150 (4:1 ratio) or 200 (you say 3:1 ratio) maximum are sent out of your allowance of 600 messages. So you are paying already for the texts over that allowance.
Therefore, the real difference or extra you would be paying would be maximum of 200 X 11p which at £22 per month is much less than the £132 you quote. Or am I reading your post wrong?
Anonymous

I remained on my present tariff due to the overseas text allowance and still enjoy unlimited data. As AF says, I buy my handsets because I want to remain on this tariff.
Something in your post which doesn't quite add up. If you send an average of 1200 texts from overseas in any one month, only 150 (4:1 ratio) or 200 (you say 3:1 ratio) maximum are sent out of your allowance of 600 messages. So you are paying already for the texts over that allowance.
Therefore, the real difference or extra you would be paying would be maximum of 200 X 11p which at £22 per month is much less than the £132 you quote. Or am I reading your post wrong?

You read the post right, the problem I have is every month the 600 texts are mostly used up in the u.k before I travel overseas.
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,930

If that's the case, what I am trying to say is that you must already be paying for the overseas texts as you don't have them taken from your allowance now. If you have no texts left before you travel, then you are already paying somewhere around the £132 you are quoting Smiley Indifferent