Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affordable Mobiles rejected my application

Fthephone222
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on a monthly rolling contract with O2 but want to get a new contract/phone - I found a deal on affordable mobiles (on an O2 contract) and ordered it but they rejected my application saying the network had rejected it. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? The deals on O2 direct are awful by comparison so I am keen to go through this website instead

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Fthephone222 

You have probably failed the credit checks. If this is the case then it's pointless trying again with AM.

You could try a sim only contract with O2. If you pay bills on time then it builds up your credit rating and you could probably try again in three months time for a contract with O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Fthephone222
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I don't see how I can have failed the credit check as I have never missed a bill payment and I am currently on a sim only contract which I have never missed a payment.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Fthephone222 

You won't be credit checked if you upgrade directly with O2.

Sounds like your only option if you have poor credit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Fthephone222 wrote:
Thank you. I don't see how I can have failed the credit check as I have never missed a bill payment and I am currently on a sim only contract which I have never missed a payment.

I wasn't aware of that @Fthephone222'

So unless you change networks your only option would be to upgrade directly with O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5