cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i recently received a phone call from "aerial" and yes I got suckered into a two year contract which I e-signed, stupidly. So having read the reviews of them on here, I no longer want in with them. Does anybody have any *helpful* advice for me to go back to solely being with 02? I'd be eternally grateful before I start "owing" them money. Can I go to 02 and sort it or my bank and have the direct debit shut down? Help, thanks.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to clarify about DSR. It does not apply in business to business but it most definitely does apply in business to consumer.

Aerial may be selling business contracts but they are selling to consumers so the DSR in my opinion does apply.

I agree with that........Trading Standards need to be involved as Aerial are deliberately misleading customers in 2 respects :

1) Mis-selling business contracts to consumers without notifying them.

2) Deliberately mis-leading those consumers regarding Distance Selling Regulations

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Beenherebefore perhaps @Toby and @Anonymous will push this up the food chain.

All of these customers complaining about Aerial are the top of the iceberg. We don't get to see them all.

Ultimately this is o2's business and it is sharp and (in my opinion) illegal practices that impact on o2's reputation.
Message 32 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all here and having problems with Aerial .

From my experience I can add the following ... I never approached Aerial, 02 passed me off (pimped me out) to them, Aerial think I am a business user I am not so this incorrect assumption surely negates any contractual obligation. I have been with Aerial for two years and paid off a phone, BUT despite 02 s proclamation that your contract reverts to its original tariff once your phone is paid off Aerial have kept mine at over £20 a month, I send few texts make occasional calls and dont download much if any internet content by phone.

Aerial claimed not to be aware of my usage when they offered me a new contract which I am obviously looking to get out of as it is a rip off. If they are nt aware of my usage then surely they are in no position to advise on contracts or "whats best for me" thus Aerial are not fit for purpose. I spoke to Aerial a week ago and they were going to listen to a recording of the last call they made to me,the one to arrange a new contract, they have not called me back, at the time I said to them that the new tariff was expensive and was this the best they could do, they gave me some flannel about content free texts etc etc, but didnt answer my question. It is because I questioned them that I suspect they will now claim to have lost the recording because it reveals there anti consumer business practices. I have never had a problem with 02 but having been promised at least three call backs from Aerial by 02 and receiving none of them  I would respectfully suggest to 02 to dump the deceitful dishonest and dodgy Aerial lest you will be tarred with the same brush.

Message 33 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yet another in the long list of people falsely and deceitfully sold a business contract by this slimy company. They didn't mistakenly believe you were a business customer, they knowingly decided that you were going to be a business customer. It's high time this was taken to the relevant governing authority.

Message 34 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

And why....
Because business tariff users have far far less rights to cancel that public.

Message 35 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been with Aerial for two years and paid off a phone, BUT despite 02 s proclamation that your contract reverts to its original tariff once your phone is paid off Aerial have kept mine at over £20 a month.

That only applies to O2 Refresh contracts taken out directly with O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Business contacts are completely different and your best option is to end your contract with them as soon as you possibly can. They will happily let you stay with them....

Message 37 of 37