cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice re: upgrade on O2 refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I own an iPhone 6 16gb on O2 refresh , it's a £47 a month contract that I still owe £240 for as per the divided refresh contract.

I want to upgrade to a 6s. The refresh contract wording is unclear. I am also looking to recycle my 6 at the same time (£237), so should roughly break even.

With this upgrade,Can I essentially continue on my current contract for 24 months and get a 6s free?

or do I need to start a NEW contract ? (Which may include a further hefty extra charge for the new device )? I currently get unlimited data/texts and 20gb data at present, for the same price on 6s contracts you get a lot less data.

Thanks
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It doesn't matter what the recycle prices are. O2 have guaranteed the trade in value up front.

Although the trade in price may bear no resemblance to the value of the phone recycled elsewhere or sold privately. We are talking O2 recycle here...

Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the 30gb trade in plan - are o2 offering to cover the 'up front' cost of the new phone next year as well?

Or are they essentially just 'cutting out the middle man' of having to hande the o2 recycling process yourself?

Message 22 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No, the upfront costs will still exist
Message 23 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

You will still have to use recycle but they guarantee to pay off the handset. New contract and new terms including upfront fees....

Message 24 of 24