Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As if we haven't got enough to do.... however, I want the best advice during this current crisis.

Grandson's 2 year contract on O2 via CPW is due to expire May 20th (paid by me)

He now has a Note 10 bought outright so wants a sim only contract from O2

Does he cancel his contract with O2, if so when?

Or does he upgrade to a sim only with O2 DIRECT or do CPW do sim only?

(I've already had an email via CPW stating 10 weeks to go)

A nice step by step guide would be nice and helpful.

Thanks guys.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

O2Heather
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Because he’s taking a simo, he will be more likely to pass credit check in his name. He will either have a Accept, conditional accept or a decline. Due to CWP closing stores. It’s always best to come to go to o2 direct. I’d wait till the very end of his contract and then look at your options. Simo deals change once and with o2 you’re paying for the flexibility. So if he runs out of data during his simo, he can flex up rather than add a bolt on.
signature
Message 11 of 38

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj @O2Heather @MI5 and @jonsie 

So I will do this as close to May 20th as possible and more than likely take out a sim only with O2.

He will use the same sim.

I will need to contact O2 though to advise them the 2 year contact is finished and we want to upgrade to a sim only.

He actually needs to be here when I do this, as last time I wanted him to take control of his My O2. So we both spoke to O2 to allow that to happen.

Although I am paying for his current contract, it does not show in MY O2. He has his own access to it with his own login and password.

The money just comes out of my bank!.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 38

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

He can just upgrade himself in his MyO2 if you are decided on doing it through O2.

No need to call, change sims, migrate numbers etc. It will just be an upgrade which will become available from May 20th.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff 

He can just upgrade himself in his MyO2 if you are decided on doing it through O2.

No need to call, change sims, migrate numbers etc. It will just be an upgrade which will become available from May 20th.

What a damn good idea. As long as the bank details remain the same that should work out best for us all. Thanks @MI5 

*Breathes a sigh of relief*.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 38

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, no need to change bank details either. Everything will remain the same but on a new tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 38

Ag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi im currently on o2 pay as you go, thinking of upgrading to 12 month sim only contact, i want to keep my current o2 number and use my current phone which is 6 months old sony xperia 10.
So ive had a text offering £10 a month, the same amount as i top up now, can i do this and keep my number, but start it on 15th may when my current top up needs renewing. Hope thid makes sense
Message 17 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yep, no need to change bank details either. Everything will remain the same but on a new tariff.

Now we have hit a problem @MI5 

I've asked Ben to check in his MY O2 and there is no upgrade option to Sim Only.  He has the option to upgrade  to a Refresh or Tablet only. Must be something to do with taking the contract out with CPW?

His My O2 states Contract end 24th May, Contract renewal June 23rd.

So we are stuck. Had his contract been with O2 we could have upgraded to Simo now.

Any ideas?

Obviously calling O2 is out of the question, not only due to long wait times but the fact he would need to be here with me to maintain control of his own My O2.(with lockdown that's impossible)

*Sighs with frustration*

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 38

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

From what I've gathered from others on here, the simo upgrade option won't appear until the contract has completed it's minimum term for those with previous cpw contracts.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

I think you may be right. Bit of a b******* though as that 100GB sim only tariff ends on May 13th!

Thanks again. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 38