Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As if we haven't got enough to do.... however, I want the best advice during this current crisis.

Grandson's 2 year contract on O2 via CPW is due to expire May 20th (paid by me)

He now has a Note 10 bought outright so wants a sim only contract from O2

Does he cancel his contract with O2, if so when?

Or does he upgrade to a sim only with O2 DIRECT or do CPW do sim only?

(I've already had an email via CPW stating 10 weeks to go)

A nice step by step guide would be nice and helpful.

Thanks guys.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to round this off, I have just had a long live chat with someone called Emma.

(Yes, I actually had live chat pop up when browsing sim only deals in the shop)

She was extremely helpful. Took my phone number and Ben's. Warned me she was sending a code to Bens phone (I rang him and got it) Only mistake she made was to tell me he could upgrade early to the 100GB if I paid an early upgrade fee of £29. Immediately corrected herself, apologised and said it wasn't possible as he was on a 24 month fixed term contract with CPW.

Bottom line, the simo upgrade option will only appear in his My O2 on the 24th May (so that's something to remember when phones are bought through a third party)

I have chatted with Ben and we have decided to wait. Let's hope there is a good offer available. 

Personally I can't bear the thought of trying to get through to CS on the phone before then.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So today was the day.

Ben checked his My O2 and the option to upgrade to sim only had appeared

(Bear in mind, his previous contract was for 2 years taken out by me for him via CPW and it ended today)

The contract is in MY name although we asked at time of taking it out, if he could have control of his own MY O2. With both of us here to talk to O2, they agreed to this.

So as the option to upgrade to simo has appeared today in his My O2, I asked him to see if he could do it himself, without input from me.

He chose the tariff he wanted, checked out and HE received the email regarding the order 'which would be processed asap' (He forwarded the email to me. It was addressed to me with his email address)

So fingers crossed it has all gone to plan. I've told him to  let me know as soon as the new simo contract appears in his My O2.

I willl also be checking MY bank to make sure it's all as it should be. Fingers crossed!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 38

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Weird though @jonsie ?

I trust Ben implicitly but honestly thought I would have to be the person to call as it's an account in my name with me paying for it.

He forwarded me the email, which was addressed to me but went to his email address.

I suppose this is all due to the fact we asked if he could have control of his own My O2 2 years ago?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 38

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That would have to be an explanation otherwise you would have had to make the call or do it from your own My O2.

Message 35 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

That would have to be an explanation otherwise you would have had to make the call or do it from your own My O2.

Once O2 gave Ben permission to handle his own My O2, I never had any access to it via mine.

He set up his own email and password. Just as I wanted it. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 38

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's the access to MyO2 that's the key.
O2 have no idea who is logging in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes, that's what I thought. Hopefully it's sorted now. smiling

Note to self....keep checking bank. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 38