Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner

Advice needed on new order.

Hi all,

I ordered a new contract phone 2 days ago, and recieved all of the emails with T&Cs etc. 

I've been on the phone with customer services today who advised me the credit check was fine and that the order is waiting to be dispatchd. Worryingly, the lady told me she doesn't understand why it hasn't been dispatched yet and advised me there was no order number for me to track it, 

Is this unusual? 

Is there something I can do to find out what is really happening?

Thanks, 

Sarah

Topics: 75

Re: Advice needed on new order.

There won't be a tracking number, as it's not been dispatched yet, or for that matter, even packaged.
All clues point to out of stock and awaiting stock for dispatch.

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
Level 63: Greatness Assured

@Help3 In the 21st Century, O2 does not have live stock reporting. Pretty appalling for a communications company. Sorry to say, I have to agree with @viridis' assessment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Topics: 663

@Help3

Once you've received an email to say it's been dispatched, you can then track it via My O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 4: Observant

I personaly would advise you to wait a few days to see what happens.
Topics: 543
Solutions: 3,345

Classic O2 I'm afraid, out of stock and earning immediate interest on your money 💰

Thanks everyone. I was getting contradicting info from everyone I spoke to in customer services. They say its left their warehouse but the courier has not yet scanned it in.

I'll wait patiently.
Topics: 663

@Help3 wrote:
Thanks everyone. I was getting contradicting info from everyone I spoke to in customer services. They say its left their warehouse but the courier has not yet scanned it in.

I'll wait patiently.

If that's the case, then don't wait too much longer @Help3. It shouldn't take that long for the courier to scan it in.. If you have heard nothing by tomorrow, then I would be back on that phone to CS ...wink

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Hi @Help3, and welcome to the forum Wave It'd be great if you could keep us in the loop of your order's progress - which exciting phone did you go for?

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets avaialble on Prioirty!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Hi Emilie, 

I ordered the iPhone 7 Plus. 

Had some trouble tracking the order because Uk Mail didn't log the phone for 2 days.

Finally got a notification this morning that it's out for delivery. 

S