cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adult contact

Anonymous
Not applicable
About 18 months ago, I paid the £1 to lift the restrictions, but due to a begging call, got my number changed, managed to get the adult restriction lifted from the new number, but today I found it's been put back in place. And as the contract is a refresh one, I have to be over 18 due to the credit function, so just what are 02 doing.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

All you can do is call customer service. Once removed it should stay removed so I can't understand why it's been placed on your account again.

Having to be 18 to hold an account doesn't really enter into the equation as many parents take out a contract for children.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

All you can do is call customer service. Once removed it should stay removed so I can't understand why it's been placed on your account again.

Having to be 18 to hold an account doesn't really enter into the equation as many parents take out a contract for children.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Additionally it is a legal requirement specified by OFCOM so O2 just have to follow the rules.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 And as the contract is a refresh one, I have to be over 18 due to the credit function, so just what are 02 doing.

It's nothing to do with your contract, anyone else could be using the phone and as above they're just followingthe rules.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hey there,

Call 202 and request that it's removed again.

Also as above O2 are merely following the rules ofcom put into place for the safety if our younger generation. It's not that much of a hassle compared to a younger person accessing god knows what online imo.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 5