cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adult Content Unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an o2 customer for a long time, and so decided to buy a pay as you go dongle on o2 as well as my phone.

It tells me that to view 'adult content' I have to use a credit card. Well I hate to break it to you, but not everyone has these.

Besides, since when does adult content include Doctor Who chat sites, which is why I want it unlocked.

Now I have looked on your website, and there is nothing on there that will do this. So, I have had to resort to asking someone from o2 to ring me to get this sorted out on here, because you have no email address for contact.

My number is (edited) - I will give you the dongle number when or if someone rings.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James,

This is a customer forum, and so we are all customers here. You can visit an O2 shop and have the adult content restriction removed from your account if you dont have a credit card.

If you do have a credit card then call customer services and they can remove this for you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi James,

I've sent you a private message.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James,

This is a customer forum, and so we are all customers here. You can visit an O2 shop and have the adult content restriction removed from your account if you dont have a credit card.

If you do have a credit card then call customer services and they can remove this for you.

Message 3 of 7

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I was using my phone for months then one day it asked that i need to use a credit card to confirm im over 18.I phoned o2 customers services and i complained and told them they better removed it and let me do what i want with my phone.She tried to tell me you need to use a card and i told her,that she better sort it out cause it restricting my services and i will go elsewhere.It was sorted.When you take the contract out you have to be 18,and you do an id check.Its a disgrace you have to prove twice your over 18

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think thats a bit of an over the top reaction to be honest. Alot of people take out contracts for their children (who are under 18) or give them a PAYG phone, hence why the block was put in place...to prevent minors getting access to material they shouldnt get access to.

I'm pretty sure there would be more of a problem if O2 allowed 15 year olds on their PAYG iphone to access adult sites!

Its easier to do a blanket "no access" across all accounts and then re-enable access as and when people request it rather than have to enable it on accounts that request it be enabled.

Internet filtering software is also never 100% effective, hence why some sites might be blocked even though it doesnt contain adult material. trust me...I deal with this type of software every day!

Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo wrote:

When you take the contract out you have to be 18,and you do an id check.Its a disgrace you have to prove twice your over 18

You're a little late coming to this conclusion as this has now been in place for years and all the UK mobile operators use it:

http://news.o2.co.uk/2011/03/03/mobile-phones-and-age-verification-your-questions-answered/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortunately I've never had the problem, since I tuned 18 nearkly 20 years ago I've only ever been questioned twice in a  Pub (first time was by a Bouncer at a Bar in Cleethorpes), thats despite the fact I'm only 5'5 at 37.

Message 7 of 7