Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a phone to my account

Chia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone is up for an upgrade which I will do soon. However I was about to buy a new phone as a present for a family member. I didnt proceed as I got the impression that yes, i would get a new phone and sim card to replace/upgrade my current phone and remain with only 1 phone/sim on my account and not 2 phones on my account. I looked at the family option but unable to find an option to buy a new phone and add this to my account.

Can anyone help me with this at all?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27612 Solutions

@Chia 

To do it online you need to create a new account with a different email address or the other option is to go in store to buy an additional contract.

Be aware that buying for someone else will mean that you are liable for all the bills too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
If you upgrade your current deal, then you only have 1 number on your account (but you now have your current phone and a new one).
If you want a 2nd line, then you (or they) would need to apply for it as a new contract.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome to our community @Chia hope you're having a good day today. slight_smile

Let us know if you got all the information and next steps that you needed with this, or if you have any additional questions?

Cheers for the help above @MI5 , @gmarkj thumbsup

Message 4 of 4