Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a New SIM to my Existing My02 Account

ClaudB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I may be missing something obvious but I can't find a way to add my new SIM to my existing account where I have my other two PAYG mobiles managed. Can anyone advise please ??

Regards

ClaudB

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144172 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can register the new sim but you'll need a different email account to do it from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You can link them in

https://accounts.o2.co.uk/
Message 2 of 10

ClaudB
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No. That's where I went to start with. It seems to me that this is for, as it says below -

"Do you have other O2 products and services that you own and manage but access using a different username and password? You can bring them all together in this account so you'll only have to sign in once."

I have just got this new PAYG SIM and it is not managed anywhere else. I want to include it in my one and only existing account. All I have done is top it up online and I used the same email address as for MyO2 for that. I tried what you suggested but it, fairly obviously, said I can not merge from the same account.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest then contacting Cs on 4445.

slight_smile
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144172 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can register the new sim but you'll need a different email account to do it from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

ClaudB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5. I just had a live chat which advised just that. It seems a bit convoluted to me but I'm sure there is a reason. Once it's registered under a different email I can then bring it into MyO2 as per the first suggestion above of BandofBrothers. I've had enough of O2 for one day (this is just a minor issue by comparison), I'll continue tomorrow. Thanks for your responses.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Sometimes it's does feel like ones jumping through hoops !

Your welcome too.

slight_smile
Message 7 of 10

ClaudB
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I could not have slept tonight if I had not brought this to conclusion. I am happy to report, though, that by registering my new SIM under a different email address I managed to create an account for the new one. This then allowed me to go to original MyO2 proper and "Bring in Other Products" and, believe it or not, it has actually worked !!! Yes, BoB a full assault course of hoops. My impression of O2 after today is much damaged. At least all is well - for the moment at least !!!

Thanks Again for the contributions.

ClaudB

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are all here to support you my friend.

I hope we as fellow customers have smoothed the journey a little. wink

Take care.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144172 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It is bizarre but that's the way it is set up for some reason...

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10