Did you mean: 

Activating a new sim to an already contract phone

LJP68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys 

This question has probably been asked so many times, but im getting quite frustrated at not getting anywhere via 202 when called. 

I am a contract iphone user and have recently upgraged to the iphone 11..... A new sim was sent and received today. I still dont know how to activate the new sim so that I can start using in it in my new phone. Ive searched via the O2 website and have found nothing of use to assist me. 

Can anyone help please, or shall I just call 202 again in the morning for assistance? 

Thanks guys and I hope everyone remains safe and well 

Linda 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LJP68 

Use your old sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @LJP68 

Use the old sim for now

or

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

LJP68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But then that means I have got a new phone and new sim for nothing then? Im lost!

OK no worries, i will call them one last time tomorrow and see if i can get it sorted, otherwise theres no point in me having a new phone or sim, Ill send it back. 

Cheers anyway, 

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@LJP68 

In this current climate it's far easier to use your old sim in your new phone than try to contact O2.

Just to add, I used my old sim in a new phone twice. It's lasted well. They change your tariff on your account not the sim.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LJP68 wrote:

But then that means I have got a new phone and new sim for nothing then? Im lost!

OK no worries, i will call them one last time tomorrow and see if i can get it sorted, otherwise theres no point in me having a new phone or sim, Ill send it back. 

Cheers anyway, 

No, I mean't put your old sim in your new phone.

Your contract upgrade is completed on the O2 system and your sim updated automatically.

The new sim is blank and is sent just in case it's needed, but in your case, if your old sim fits the new phone, it isn't needed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6