cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a PAYG sim and setting up an account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received my O2 PAYG sim and need to :

1. Activate it - I believe this has to be done for a new sim by buying a token from an O2 shop (or other facility) - which seems a bit of a unique and restrictive requirement.

2. Register an account so I can do future top ups for the sim on line.

As setting up of an account requires the sending of a code by text to the number entered, would I be right that this cannot be done until I make my first top up - or is there another way of doing it.

I live out in the sticks and will not be near a facility to obtain a voucher for another few days - hence my question.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
4p a minute is for when you are roaming and not for calling EU from Uk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
4p a minute is for when you are roaming and not for calling EU from Uk

Thanks for confirming - but I was aware of that - it is the calls from EU to the UK I was interested in,

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No worries mate, just checking wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks MI5.

I had seen the link you refer to, but was hoping someone may have an alternative method so I didn't have to make a special trip to the town or wait until next time we visit town - which may be after the weekend.

Thanks again.

Hello @Anonymous, I do mine online by using Web top-up Top up between £10 and £30 online. You just need your mobile number and a credit or debit card.  But I got my P&G sim from a store so it was activeD'oh!.

Please, let us know if it works Feedback

and again, thanks @MI5@jonsie and @Cleoriff for your amazing help! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 14