Did you mean: 

Account

New2Nicola
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have two products both on refresh contracts

Why can I not share my data allowance between both?

Also I would like to use my tablet - second refresh contract device abroad - do I need to upgrade my data to enable EU usage?

Also I do not seem to be able to do as much as before from within my O2 account now that I have added my second device contract

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Hi @New2Nicola

It's not good news unfortunately.

You can only share data if you initially set up your contracts to share data.

You need a lead device then others can be added, but it must be done when upgrading or taking a new contract.

Also, you cannot use your tablet abroad unless you put one of your phone sim cards in it, or get it unlocked and use a local sim when abroad.

How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Finally, what seems to be missing from your MyO2 as adding another contract shouldn't make any changes in that respect.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Hi @New2Nicola

It's not good news unfortunately.

You can only share data if you initially set up your contracts to share data.

You need a lead device then others can be added, but it must be done when upgrading or taking a new contract.

Also, you cannot use your tablet abroad unless you put one of your phone sim cards in it, or get it unlocked and use a local sim when abroad.

How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Finally, what seems to be missing from your MyO2 as adding another contract shouldn't make any changes in that respect.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@New2NicolaIf you do decide to get your tablet unlocked then you might want to think about using a MBB sim on PAYG from Three (3)

You need to set it up before you travel (and top up in the UK before you go)

Most importantly you will need to let 3 Customer services know you are going abroad and enable International roaming settings

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varse...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @New2Nicola smiling Was the info from our members what you needed or do you ahve any additional question?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4