cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account terminated, overdue payment, cannot log in to pay, live chat link broken

noootwo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So we terminated our O2 account on 1 August 2019 since we moved abroad. Since then, we're getting payment reminders asking to log in and pay. We cannot log in as logging in requires an SMS code, which we cannot get (remember, O2 account terminated). O2 also sent us a "live chat" link which is broken:

This site can’t be reached

link.liveperson.net’s server IP address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Any ideas what to do next? Don't feel like calling them again and waiting an hour to talk to someone who then does nothing just to be allowed to pay an outstanding balance.. Did that live chat thing ever work for anyone?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@noootwo 

All contact details here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

We always recommend calling rather than chat anyway and if you call early morning UK time there is not usually any significant waiting time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@noootwo 

All contact details here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

We always recommend calling rather than chat anyway and if you call early morning UK time there is not usually any significant waiting time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Freephone from abroad +44800 032 1402

Currently using:
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@noootwo  If you have moved abroad, you may not have a UK based account any longer, which will prevent you paying. You may have to speak to customer service, then get a friend or relative who is still in the UK to pay what you owe and then reimburse them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4