Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not activated

Ben79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I activate my account? I am with virgin and o2 and am trying to use the app. I can log on through the myo2 website fine but whenitryyo use the app it is saying account not activated. Also when I go to 'manage my details'it is sending the codes to my old number, can I change this myself?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

If you have access to FB, Twitter or Instagram, give the Social Media team a shout - they'll be back to you pretty quickly, sounds like something's amiss at the O2 side of your account, @Ben79 - links to O2 Social Media just under the 2 blue bars below this post! Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

If you have access to FB, Twitter or Instagram, give the Social Media team a shout - they'll be back to you pretty quickly, sounds like something's amiss at the O2 side of your account, @Ben79 - links to O2 Social Media just under the 2 blue bars below this post! Good luck.

Message 2 of 8

Salman
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this same issue and no one at the o2 customer support realised what was wrong with my account. Checking my email I realised I never clicked the link to "Validate" my email address when they created my account when I joined O2.

All you have to do is ask the customer support to resend you that validation link, if it doesn't work ask for an email change on your account and that should send you an email validation link and you can take it from there. (I couldn't receive another validation link so I asked for an email change and then reset my password)

Message 3 of 8

Salman
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You most likely didn't click the email validation link when they sent it to you when you first joined O2 (Like me)

All you have to do is ask the customer support to resend you an email validation link, if it doesn't work ask for an email change on your account and that should trigger an email validation link being sent to you and you can take it from there. (I couldn't receive another validation to my original email so I asked for an email change and then reset my password after validating my email)

Message 4 of 8

JCM71
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got the same problem. The email validation link takes you to a webpage where confirm security questions and contact preferences. But unfortunately, the Continue button is greyed out, so you can't complete this part.

Message 5 of 8

MjF
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mines exactly like this. 

I did manage to game it into showing the same thing, but with a password field at the top and the continue link not greyed, but then on clicking continue it stated the token had expired.

Message 6 of 8

Marklynchy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any answer as same for me

Message 7 of 8

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Marklynchy wrote:

Any answer as same for me

Not that I heard, @Marklynchy - but I have tagged in @O2KyleW who is on this evening, maybe he can get you sorted - keep an eye on your PMs here, some info will be needed from you for him to proceed. Good luck!

Message 8 of 8