Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely fuming > New contract

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, on Friday I placed an order online for an additional contract. Everything appears to go through fine, including the credit check, and I was expecting the order to be delivered this morning.

Hadn’t received any updates on the order to say exactly when it would be delivered so I ring O2 to ask what’s going on only to be told that my order had been referred for a manual credit check despite everything appearing ok online and me being charged for guaranteed delivery.

I’ve copied below the email I received after placing the order, nowhere does it state the order has been referred, was I being unreasonable in expecting it to be delivered today?

The email below was in addition to the various legal documents I received as well:

Hi Mr [redacted]

Thanks for your order - it's now full steam ahead at our end.

We'll process your order as quick as we can, so it will be in your hands
before you know it. And if you're itching for updates (which we're sure
you are), keep an eye on your inbox for news of its progress and
delivery. Keep in mind, if you ordered between 11pm and midnight, your
order will arrive between 6pm-10pm the next working day.

Your order details
Item(s) ordered: 2 20**Personal info** SaturdayStandardDelivery £6.99
1 Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 Blue O2 Refresh FLX 4GB Set 5 £20 £0.00
Order number: ms-[redacted]
VAT Included: £1.16
Total: £6.99

Got a question? Visit our online help at www.o2.co.uk/help or put it to
the O2 Community at https://community.o2.co.uk

Thanks,

O2
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@NetworkNorm

Well that all seems in order. I would ring again and see if you can get someone who knows what they are talking about....

They rarely send emails confirming order is in progress if you have been referred for a credit check...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

NetworkNorm
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I spoke to one of the “Managers” this morning who confirmed it has definitely been referred. Annoying thing is, I’d arranged for my son to stay at home all day to be there when the order arrived.

Blatantly misleading info on the email and online everything was shown as being ok and I was given the order number etc. Also, oddly, they told me on the phone that they charge you for the delivery before the credit check is completed. So then you have to claim a refund after if anything goes wrong.
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can see why you are annoyed. As for the delivery charge, I agree that's stupid. Particularly with O2's poor record of delivering on time.

They must be forever refunding !!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@NetworkNorm The delivery charge will be refunded just speak to o2 

But I guess as all options like delivery and accessories are factored in to the order when you hit submit that is when the credit referral takes place . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm hoping there isn't a stock issue after the referral. As for the refund, that should show almost immediately.It's a seperate charge and a simple reversal.

Message 6 of 12

NetworkNorm
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just to give a quick update.. my order now seems to be going through as my O2 is now showing it and I’ve got a delivery number etc.

I’ve managed to get the delivery charge refunded but I’ll still be making a written complaint about the website and emails being clearly misleading and my son having to waste a whole day as a result.
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So in actual fact, customer service and then the manager lied to you and the agreement was not awaiting a manual credit check. No such checks are done on a Sunday.

Glad you have the order number now and will hopefully getting the phone asap.

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased to hear it's going through @NetworkNorm wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

NetworkNorm
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And so the saga continues.

Received a SMS from DHL this morning with my consignment number.. great thinks I, it’ll be delivered today...

Not so... because my original order on a Friday was for delivery on Saturday, the order is now going to be delivered this coming Saturday.. I went online to try and change the date of delivery which I can do, to a date LATER than Saturday, I can’t make it any earlier.

What a farce
Message 10 of 12