cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Useless - Account Settled (so I thought!!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, having paid off my phone contract, I was assured that there would be no further charges against my usage tariff as all my obligations to O2 had been met.

A few weeks after making the payment, I received a bill for £165 for the remainder of my contract. Contacted an agent and was assured that this was an error and that it would be sorted out - always a mistake believing any company who tell you this!!!. A revised bill was produced showing a £3 credit, but sure enough, a few days ago the £165 was taken from my bank account.

When I called O2 this morning, I was told it could take up to 15 working days for the money to be credited back to my account, or I could sort out O2's mistake myself by ringing my bank and getting an indemnity against the direct debit.

Fortunately, the banks do seem to be on the ball with this and I had the payment recredited to my account as I was on the phone, and have ensured no further payments will be taken by having the direct debit removed.

I was also lucky enough to have sufficient funds in my account to cover the payment over the last few days, but rest assured, if I had incurred any charges, I would have been claiming them back from O2.

Anyhow - rant over - now I can completely sever any ties with O2.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Not a good experience and am relieved for you that the bank looked after you.

We do know that the online chat which is outsourced non uk call centres can get things muddled too.

I hope you find a better experience with any new network you have chosen.

This is also one reason why we suggest leaving a direct debit in place because even if it's o2's fault and should not take the funds if one bounces this can lead to credit file default markers which can take a long time to remove.

And yes your right about having sufficient funds as this could have led to bank charges too. 😞

Take care.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Whilst mistakes can be rectified O2 don't seem to acknowledge how time consuming, frustrating and stressful this is and it's always down to the customer to have to do the chasing up. As you say, some customers could quite easily incur charges if they go overdrawn to basic errors like this and again, down to the customer to get those charges refunded.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'd still leave the DD in place a while longer, just in case wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

From the sounds of it, it looks as if the OP has already removed the DD, which could be a mistake. He needs to go back and double check with O2 to make sure there are no outstanding charges. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5