Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Terrible Service

TheMoonSings
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a seriously bad experience with O2 since joining just over a week ago, and would like some advice. 

I placed my order for a device and airtime plan on the 15th, and paid £100 upfront. Despite receiving an email that confirmed the order, I was told on the website that my order would be under review, and this would last no longer than 48 hours. 2 days later, I had heard nothing so I rang up. The woman I spoke to filled out some kind of form to be sent to the relevant team, and told me I would hear something within 24 hours. I did not. I contacted customer support via message on Facebook, and didn't receive a response for 2 days, at which point they said the order showed as pending and they would get back to me ASAP. They didn't. I rang up again on the 22nd, and finally got confirmation that my order had gone through. Thankfully, the phone arrived the next day, but then there were two more problems. 

First, yesterday, my initial upfront payment of £100 came back to my bank account. Worried about this, i contacted O2 by Facebook chat, who told me to ring Billing. The lady I spoke to conferred with another department, and then said that normally after 3 months, I would have received this back as a refund anyway, so it was fine that it had come back early, and not to worry about it. I asked her 3 or 4 times if she was certain about this and she said yes, I could keep it. With that being the case, I then used the money to pay off a little extra against my device plan. Later that day, O2 took back that £100, causing me to be £86 overdrawn with my bank. I rang O2 and was told they had no record of this on their system, and to try ringing again the next day.

Second, yesterday I also filled out the online form to keep my old number, which it said would take 24 hours. It has now been more than that, and I have heard absolutely nothing.

Honestly, this has been the worst service I have ever received in my life. Some advice? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23196 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@TheMoonSings This is a customer community with no access to anyone's account. The best thing for you to do to query this is to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2