Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER switch up issue!!!!!

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The community managers / head office SERIOUSLY need to contact o2 stores and make them aware (again!) that those original o2 switch up customers that have remained on the anytime terms CAN continue to switch up anytime even if they have switched up since 3/08. 

I’ve had 2 stores reject me today. I showed them all the screenshots from Breanna and Chris, and they continue to say that if you switched up since 3rd of august you then go onto 90 day terms and have to wait 90 days. 

im sick to death of this. I’ve travelled to two locations miles apart, am disabled and struggle to leave the house as it is- and despite being very clear and concise, the stores wouldn’t even read the screenshots properly. 

I feel my contract was misold and I am really upset. I can’t get on with the Samsung phone I have and want to switch it. Ironically I probably would then keep that phone for a year or more anyway, so wouldn’t need the anytime switch up. But as it stands I can’t do that. 

o2, what is going on? I don’t like to be unreasonable but I am considering reporting this to Which? and cancelling my direct debit. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@MrFrenzy 

Which are a company that makes money from people paying for reports so no sure what they will do, and cancelling your Direct Debit is the worst thing you can do as o2 will cut you off, destroy your credit report, and you definitely will not be able to switch up if you have any late or defaulted payments...

The stores are talking out of their bums, it might be worth an email to complaintreviewservice@o2.com 

I am not sure why this is going so wrong in a lot of stores

Keep any emails polite and friendly and have all the facts such as store names and anyone you have spoken to in them, and have screenshots etc to send them...

Also have a look at resolver.co.uk 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6673 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Whatever course you take do not cancel the Direct Debit. O2 will put you in arrears then pass everything over to debt recovery faster than you can imagine. They can be quite vicious.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 9

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can’t believe I even typed that I’d cancel the direct debit. I agree it’s the worst thing you can do and won’t help resolve anything but only make it worse. I know it sounds silly for the sake of a phone contract, but I’ve been very stressed lately and so this has just added to my frustration and worries. 

I’ll keep payments up and send a formal complaint through resolver. Thanks both. O2 community mods if you see this post please do help. Things like complaints / admin are tough for me at the moment due to my health and I need some assistance. 

Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Help needed for @MrFrenzy please

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5990 Posts
  • 103 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MrFrenzy

If you genuinely believe that your contract was mis-sold, you could try 'phoning your local authority's trading standards team and see if they will take an interest. 

In truth, they are unlikely to do so if you are the only complainant. But if they have had other calls about O2 recently, then they might decide to act.  

Message 6 of 9

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 658 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@MrFrenzy So this, can be picked up again, I'll be following up with a PM shortly.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 7 of 9

n14_f
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had this same issue! I have had a switch up plan since last year, switched up on release day to the new iPhone and wish I'd gone for a different model. Have tried to switch up since and have been told I need to wait 90 days despite being a plus plan holder before the change in Aug 23.

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Change of t&c's date was 3rd not 23rd

Even so your plus plan predates the 3rd

Message 9 of 9