cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AM I ON O2 REFRESH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm a pay monthly customer with o2 and have recently lost my phone. I want to pay off my remaining device plan and upgrade, but am unsure if I'll have to keep paying my other contract off for the remaining months. If i was on o2 refresh I understand this wouldn't be the case, but I don't know whether I actually am? I didn't specifically ask for it when I bought my phone (August 2014), but I pay a separate device and airtime plan so it seems as though I am.

I just want to be able to pay off the £45 and then get a new phone on a new tarrif.

If anyone could help this would be great, I'm finding it really hard to get a straight answer from anywhere!!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144402 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes, if paying for device and airtime separately you are on refresh, so all you have to do is pay what you owe on the device.
You can then upgrade as you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144402 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes, if paying for device and airtime separately you are on refresh, so all you have to do is pay what you owe on the device.
You can then upgrade as you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122947 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Everything you need to know is in this guide

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but it's not, what I want to know is how to find out if my account/contract is on o2 refresh

Message 4 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If you make 2 payments for one line, and it was purchased from o2, you're on refresh.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144402 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Answered you above. You can also confirm the tariff you're on in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122947 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
If you make 2 payments for one line, and it was purchased from o2, you're on refresh.

Which, if you read the Refresh help link...  would tell you this....

We have no access to your personal account on this customer to customer forum..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As these good members will have told you its all in my guide & they are correct. Follow @MI5 advice & look in your myo2 & that will tell you if you are on a refresh tariff
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144402 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's quite simple.
2 payments, 1 for phone and 1 for airtime means it is refresh.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Undoubtedly Refresh. Pay off the device and then go instore, walk out with a new phone though you may need to get the account unblocked if you reported it as lost and stolen. If you get or want a new number then no problem. 

Message 10 of 10