Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABROAD WITH NO VOLT

SB67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm abroad and have had to buy a sim card as Volt wasn't available despite me being a Virgin Media customer for many years.  I'm unable to pay my bill online as I can't receive the text giving me a security code. I will pay on Friday when I return to the UK. PLEASE DO NOT RESTRICT MY SERVICE OR ADD CHARGES as It was  through no fault of my own that I couldn't access  Volt 

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7760 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Nothing we can do here as this is a Customer Only Forum 

Sounds like you are not paying by Direct Debit you would need to do that and apply for Volt via MyO2 to get the benefits

You will need Payment Management 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

All other ways to contact

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8874 Posts
  • 199 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You can avoid similar problems in the future @SB67 by setting up a direct debit :-

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38161 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

The Direct Debit lesson already given above by @Enlli@Oxonian - but the Volt lesson remains to be given, as Volt Travel Inclusive may be what @SB67 was expecting to have, for travel "abroad" (outside the EU only), perhaps? 🤔

Volt Megaguide 

Message 4 of 7

SB67
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, yes I thought that as an O2 & Virgin customer of many years I would be entitled to the Volt service. Yet every time I tried to access it, the massage came back with you don't have Virgin in your area 🤦🏻‍♀️I was unaware there's a clause which only entitles you to Volt if you pay via direct debit. My original message was intended for a chatbot, but obviously I ended up opening this thread.  That's holiday mode for you! 🤣 Heading home today, where I can pay my bill & hopefully stop any late payment charges.  Thanks all

Message 5 of 7

SB67
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have access to MyO2, which is why it was so frustrating sending me in circles from there to Virgin Media's site to try & tie the two together.  Phoning from here wasn't an option due to time difference & the fact I'm on holiday trying to relax & wanted a quick fix. I couldn't even pay my bill online as I'm not receiving any texts and that's the only option given to receive the security code to access the payment portal. All pretty useless overall to be honest. But thanks for your response.

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8874 Posts
  • 199 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Good luck in sorting this out @SB67 on your return home ; please ask if you need any more help. 👍

Message 7 of 7