cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A mini guide to doing a Sim Swap on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: please refer to an updated version of this guide in our How-to Guides section, here. slight_smile

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 100
99 REPLIES 99

Amie1709
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a replacement sim, my old one is lost. I have put it in my phone and it isn’t activated. How do I get it to work?
Message 91 of 100

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Amie1709 

You need to call O2 to remove the bars from your account and sim card.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 92 of 100

EmmBun
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I can't thank you enough.  ANGEL!  Bless you! 

We shouldn't have to reply on a community for help during Covid.  Covid19 has been used as an excuse too often.  Can't O2 emplo people to work on these problems from their home with a laptop?

Message 93 of 100

Rie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have swapped from a 8 plus to a 12pro and it all went smoothly but I can’t get any texts or calls on the new phone. When I ring O2 I don’t get through to speak to anyone. I have just put in a message too so that I can keep my old number in the hope that someone will get back to me. My email address they have for me is also very old so I’m not sure how I will ever be able to do this.... despair!!
Message 94 of 100

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Rie 

You need to use your old sim or do a sim swap to use the new 5g sim as per the opening post on the thread Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 95 of 100

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You have now sent me 2 sim cards and none of them are activated. And will not activate
Message 96 of 100

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Bagging my head on a wall .my old provider has cut me off and your sims don't work .i am now left with no phone. And you are not trying to help or sort it our
Message 97 of 100

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@1937 

Unfortunately we can't help you here.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 98 of 100

Lala02
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can anyone help me understand why my data isn't working in my sim please as its confusing me. I ordered a sim that never came so I got sent a replacement sim, I can text people I just cant use my mobile data
Message 99 of 100

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Have you got the APN settings correct?
What type of phone do you have - Android or iPhone @Lala02?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 100 of 100