Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

A cheaper way out...

When I first signed up with o2, things were ok network coverage wise. I have since moved house and place of business, and in neither place can I get a signal The o2 coverage says I should get good coverage inside and out at both locations, but this is clearly not the case. I must work in the only office in the world where I can get a good GPS signal, but not a mobile phone one. I also feel that this low to non-existent coverage is also draining my battery excessively, meaning I have to charge it constantly at work to allow it to run overnight. I have struggled for 7 months with this, but am now getting to the end of my tether - I have lowered my contract to be as cheap as possible, but it is still going to cost over £150 to buy myself out of this. Is there any other way to escape this £30/month waste of money?
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: A cheaper way out...

No way as you have moved to the new area and are outside the 14 day clause.

Is there now 2g coverage or is the phone trying to latch on to a poor 3g signal have you tried to turn 3g off

What info is shown on the status checker http://status.o2.co.uk are there any masts outs and what is shown in the green bars for each of the 3 network types?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

I thought as much - even though they do say there is great coverage.

I have tried switching to 2g only, but that makes no difference.

The status is kind of irrelevant - as I say it has been an issue since we moved - 7 months ago. In both locations I can get a full Voda signal, and I have just checked what other networks are available whilst I am at work; Vodafone, Orange, t-mobile, 3uk... no o2 Smiley Sad
Highlighted

If there is a mast issue reported on the status page speak to o2 as that may be the way out as within 7 months it should heve been fixed if you can prove the 7 month thing.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Well, both areas are saying "Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area". This could be because I have just spoken to o2 and got the £150 severance quote...

I do have an email dated 16/12/2011 from o2 support with regard this matter...

I haven't been checking the maintenance screens in the time between.

I will monitor the statuses of the 2 masts in question... Is there a way of checking the history of these statuses?

Highlighted

not that i know of only real time info

But O2 should know how long they have been out worth asking them

Apple Watch series 4