cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Nokia Lumia 620, SIM free problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hijack this issue, but this is sounding suspiciously like the problem I am having at the moment but couldn't explain...

Phone is practically brand new (April) and has been working perfectly (A Nokia Lumia 620, SIM free variant, from CPW). It all of a sudden stopped working on Thursday or Friday of last week. At first I put this down to having moved the day before to an area with sporadic coverage, but my first day/evening I was browsing the net, calling and texting with a very reliable signal. Since then I have had nothing but problems - constantly dropping all signal to the phone, not being able to hear the speaker on the end of the phone, and the phone not receiving signal having been out of no signal without turning it off and on or flight mode on and off to try and spring it back into life..... Had no issues for years, and other O2 phones can be stood next to me having no issues. Some of the time it is fine, and now I come to think of it having read this post it could well be partially location based...

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

There is a subtle difference with your issue. The op of this thread has a good signal and data connection but calls and texts are blocked. Yours is most likely a sim issue. You should try removing it and give it a wipe clean.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

There is a subtle difference with your issue. The op of this thread has a good signal and data connection but calls and texts are blocked. Yours is most likely a sim issue. You should try removing it and give it a wipe clean.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2