cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80% Data used text while abroad but app says only 25% used??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got a text that I’ve used 80% of my inclusive 12GB allowance however the My O2 App says I have 9.6GB left and there’s no way I’ve used 7GB of data so is there a chance the text is wrong?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you are on a promotional tariff with extra data you will get the warning when the base tariff data runs out. Your additional data bolt on will then kick in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Usually the information in My O2 is correct You can also look in your phone settings and check data used. If you want further confirmation then contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I contacted them but they ask for an obscene amount of information which I can’t provide while abroad to check my allowance. @Cleoriff
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you are on a promotional tariff with extra data you will get the warning when the base tariff data runs out. Your additional data bolt on will then kick in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahah thank you slight_smile @MI5
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I contacted them but they ask for an obscene amount of information which I can’t provide while abroad to check my allowance. @Cleoriff

Sorry @Anonymous I didn't realise you were still abroad.. I think you should be fine if you have checked My O2 and data used in phone settings..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Explanation posted here from a third party website which sort of explains it but the bottom line is that the automated warnings are triggered of the base data so in your case are and will be wrong unless o2 change something
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Inclusive-Data/m-p/1099669#M159034

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I guessing we are going to get this particular question  a lot now with these promotional tariffs.

Message 8 of 9

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last time i was abroad in the EU, i found the app didnt record data usage correctly. Not sure if this is because you're still roaming, even though it now doesnt cost any extra

Message 9 of 9