cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64055 number SMS scam

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's 3.39 AM and I've just been woken by an unsolicited SMS message from 64055 saying -

"FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to FunPortal for £4.50 per week from FunPortal  until you text STOP to 64055. HELP? 01183244333"

I most certainly have not subscribed to any SMS service I abhor such things and have no wish to be disturbed at any time let alone near 4 in the morning, I keep my phone up to date with the offered system updates and as secure as I can with BitDefender, I do not sideload apps, I have "allow apps from unknown sources" disabled, I'm running the stock Android 6.01 and pay attention to anything asking for permissions to make calls or send messages and refuse to allow this.

How can I prevent such premium messages? How can I make sure I'm not having this money stolen from me for something completely unsolicited?

I have seen recomendations to follow the advice of text STOP to the number, but my phone actually pops up a warning message that I will be charged if I attempt to do this, and I'm very concerned that it will in fact also be abused by the scam as an aknowledgement that my phone is active.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
We've already told you it's no good complaining here or to o2.
You've been given instructions how to fix it which has been accepted as the solution. You must follow that advice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 11