Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Sim Card

N-Star09
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was wondering if you could be of help.

I currently have Samsung S7 (4G) on a monthly rolling contract on O2.(Device has been paid off long time ago)

I have recieved my new 5G phone (S21 Ultra) from Samsung.

When i upgrade to a (18 month) sim only contract - will i recieve a new 5G sim & also will i be able to keep my same number?

Also, will the transfer from monthly rolling contract to a monthly sim only be a smooth process?

Finally, im a bit rubbish with tech - but when i transfer my stuff from old (S7) phone to new (S21 Ultra) shall i have the sim card in old phone or new phone during the transfer of data / contacts etc

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@N-Star09 

Just upgrade in your MyO2 and select 5g as part of the process.

O2 will send you a new sim in the post and upgrade your contract on their system, so it will be active on your old sim within 24 hours.

When you new sim arrives, follow the instructions to do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@N-Star09 

Just upgrade in your MyO2 and select 5g as part of the process.

O2 will send you a new sim in the post and upgrade your contract on their system, so it will be active on your old sim within 24 hours.

When you new sim arrives, follow the instructions to do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@N-Star09 

Makes no difference which, if any sim is in the phones to transfer data.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

N-Star09
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks much appreciated
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6