cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 months and still no SIM card but billed in full each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone e,she had issues getting a new SIM card after having one blocked. In May my relationship broke down and 02 have refused time and time again to send me a new SIM card.... they have billed me each month despite me not having access to the service. I have made endless attempts to resolve this.... and have finally given up and contacted the financial ombudsman .... has anyone else had issues and how were they they resolved?

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I can imagine you have, he had this contract for about 7 years, it was in my name but it was the exe partners. He sighed up for it, he always done the upgrades apart from the fact it was in my name and payments came out of my bank I never had anything to do with it ( he had my permission ). I guess that alone should of set alarm bells ringing.

i guess we learn from our mistakes.

i accept that I’m in a contract with then, iv been patient for months in end continued paying despite their refusal but I’m really at alp loss now. Iv cancled the direct debit - but even that hasn’t gotten their attention.

Message 41 of 59

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie

Phones being delivered to the wrong adress, I had that with Vodafone. I ordered a upgrade online and it some how was delivered to a store 150 miles away from me rather than my Home as arranged. I had a nightmare with that as they were insistent I had to go to the store to collect it, so I attempted to cancel the order however the phone didn’t get returned and I was getting billed and was informed it would be refunded once the phone was return to them. It went on for 3 months and because of my refusal to pay they cut off my phone. But in all fairness I got my phone restalled, my credit report corrected and £500 compensation.

Message 43 of 59

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Understand your frustration but cancelling the DD really wasn’t a great idea 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I know cancelling the direct debit was not the brightest of ideas but I simply couldn’t sit and alow this to happen anymore. I paid for 4 months despite not having any access to any service. It finally became apparent that so long as I was paying they had no intention of resolving this. 

I was also careful, I still pay for the devises and for the air time on the tablet. I’m just refusing to pay for the service they are refusing me.

Message 45 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well everyone, I have just read the entire contract and it states on their I can terminate my contract with no cost to me if they breach their agreement in a way witch restricts my services and it isn’t resolved with 7 days. I think I habe that covered 👌🏼

I guess I now have a new battle on my hands.

Message 46 of 59

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Good luck and hope you get this resolved soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou, I received an email from the obisman today confirming they can he,or me with this. 😁

thanks everyone for the support and sujestions.

Message 48 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Best of luck with this next step @Anonymous heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 59

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. When "possible fraud" -as you are suggesting- and "account security checks" are required, the best & faster solution could be to go to an O2 store and verify yourself via photo ID. I am sure you will get your SIM after that thumbsup

As you know, the O2 community is a group of customers like you and we cannot see or check your "account details" so please follow their advice and find the best way for you to get in touch with Customer Service here or go to an O2 store. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 50 of 59