cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 months and still no SIM card but billed in full each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone e,she had issues getting a new SIM card after having one blocked. In May my relationship broke down and 02 have refused time and time again to send me a new SIM card.... they have billed me each month despite me not having access to the service. I have made endless attempts to resolve this.... and have finally given up and contacted the financial ombudsman .... has anyone else had issues and how were they they resolved?

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MercedesS thanks for your reply.

I have all security information, questions, passwords, balances and full access to my account exc. I’m also able to take out a new contract and have it delivered to my new adress. 

Iv I’ve been to store with I’d and this didn’t help me at all....

Message 51 of 59

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

So are you saying that you have been to an O2 store to verify your account via photo ID and they didn't help you? scream

I will send you a Private Message right now so you can let us the O2 store and who didn't help you. We cannot help with the account but we can help you raise a complaint thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 52 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercedesS

Yes that’s correct, the first time I went to store they informed me that it was an online issue because I got my phone online ( it was actually upgraded in the same store I visited )

second time they informed me my I’d wasn’t actually me ( no problem at the airports exc )

it it just seems to be one excuse after another.

Message 53 of 59

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Sorry @Anonymous, 

When "possible fraud" -as you suggested- and "account security checks" are required... all we can do is understand and support you. Cheers  I wish we could do more.

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 54 of 59

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

We cannot help with the account but we can help you raise a complaint thumbsup

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/5-months-and-still-no-SIM-card-but-billed-in-fu...

@Anonymous has already raised a complaint

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 55 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s okay guys, ombudsman have approved my case - I’m on the right path now I think.

best part is I can also get out of the contract 😊

Message 56 of 59

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Good luck @Anonymous!

And please answer our PM if you want us to help you with the complaint about the O2 store thumbsup

Keep us posted! 

Message 57 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were do I find pm’s??

Message 58 of 59

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous Top right of the screen if in full view mode or on  a pc looks like an envelope with a numbe next to it 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 59 of 59