cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 days Without Service. Thanks O2!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I need urgent help as I've had no service for 5 days now, and O2 don't seem to know what they're doing.

Friday morning I went into my O2 branch and took out a new contract with a iPhone 5. I explained that I already had a contract with O2 that had ended, but this was in my mother's name. The O2 assistant said it would be easier to end that contract, and start a new one if I wanted to keep my number and have it in my own name. Which I did. I was informed it should take up to 24 hours for my number to transfer to my new phone. Leaving the branch, my phone had some signal on its temporary number.

Well after 24 hours my number hadn't been transferred, and I had no connection whatsoever on the new iPhone. My old phone still had a signal but with a new unknown number. The old number I wanted transferred was up in the air. Obviously over the weekend I was aware of the connectivity issues O2 were having, so I thought this may have affected it. Went into branch the next day and they said the same thing - just wait for the backlog to clear.

Monday afternoon, I went into branch again and explained, but this time they just handed me a phone and put me through to customer services. After talking to them, they determined that the employee who set up the contract for me had made some sort of error cancelling the wrong number. Therefore, it was explained by the kind operator that my number should be transferred over within a few hours, but take up to 24. She even said should would 'keep an eye' over this during the afternoon to make sure it happened. Yet, here I am still waiting with no service at all, and my number "unrecognised".

So that's O2's instore, and phone teams that don't seem to know what they're doing with my contract. I feel I have waited patiently over the weekend for O2 to sort this out, but 5 days without any phone working is too far. I'm on the verge of telling O2 to stick their contract, and moving to another network. Please if there any O2 eggheads around, help me!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel bad for what's happening to you, but not sure what to advise you on. I do know some sim transfers are taking a long time as I did one 8 days ago when there were no service issues with O2, and that took 24 hours, but yours should have been done by now.

I would suggest that you go to a store again and get them to put you through to customer service, as it may be quicker to get to speak to someone via the store rather than you ringing them yourselves and waiting in a queue.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel bad for what's happening to you, but not sure what to advise you on. I do know some sim transfers are taking a long time as I did one 8 days ago when there were no service issues with O2, and that took 24 hours, but yours should have been done by now.

I would suggest that you go to a store again and get them to put you through to customer service, as it may be quicker to get to speak to someone via the store rather than you ringing them yourselves and waiting in a queue.

Message 2 of 7

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
1St have u done a reboot (search rebooting) as this usually works to refresh the SIM.

2 have u or anyone tried ur SIM in a different fone?

Has anyone tried calling u to see that happens or what message they get.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call O2 again (don't use the webchat) and ask them to do some proper fault testing with your line/account.  It will then become apparent where the issue is (account / network / phone / sim) and appropriate action can be taken from there to sort the issue.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies, but customer service eventually found the problem. The member of staff who set up the contract in store made a right mess of swapping numbers. Now the only way to keep my number is to cancel my contract, then immediately take out a new one with a new sim. Then customer service are phoning me back tonight to correct the number switch.

Frustrating!
Message 5 of 7

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
What a Bugger, but at least it's sorted. I hope u managed to get a free month out of them also for the hassle! slight_smile
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You get someone who doesn't know what they are doing and it can forever to sort out the mess. From your original post I couldn't understand how the assistant could do anything with the account without your mother being with you.

Hopefully all will be plain sailing for you now:smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 7