Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g slow speeds

JBloomfield
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm fed up of the terrible speeds on a good day I might get 1mgps, I've done the usual
delete cache etc apps upto date, when I do a speed tests through out the day get same results, Surely breach of contract
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@JBloomfield 

Usually caused by congestion in the area you are in or that you are too far from a mast.

If that's what you are getting, there's not much you can do about it apart from move networks unfortunately.

However, check for any faults in your area here O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

JBloomfield
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please any advice
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@JBloomfield 

Usually caused by congestion in the area you are in or that you are too far from a mast.

If that's what you are getting, there's not much you can do about it apart from move networks unfortunately.

However, check for any faults in your area here O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check your 4G Signal indicator - If it is very low then you are not in a good signal area (Maybe try changing to 3G if this is the case)
If the 4G signal is good then maybe it is too much congestion in the area - as MI5 suggested, although you would not expect this to happen all the time and in any case 1Mbps is very slow indeed.
Message 4 of 4