Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Janthea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received a text from O2 saying I can get access to 4G at no extra cost.  Is this true, O2?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Downlands wrote:
I am afraid it's the same for me! I have a bb10 but have been told it will cost £5 to upgrade to 4g !

I assume you did not take your o2 contract directly out with o2 then ?

Message 31 of 37

pauls33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No 4G offer for me either, if I check my account 4g is an option for £5/month

Contract direct with o2, Have a Lunia 925 and a 4g sim

I don't get 4g (or even 3g) near me so I am not bothered at the moment, but if its free would like to get it at some point

Message 32 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@pauls33 wrote:

Me too 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
There continues to be much confusion on this topic and o2 really have not got to grips with it.

Is it really that hard o2?
Message 34 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
On my account it is a paid for option so given that I can only get 2g at home and a 3.9g signal (h+) at work that doesn't work I might ask o2 to remove it and save the £5 per month. Just need to check the data allowances
Message 35 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some of the confusion could be attributed to people swamping cs and live chat instead of waiting for the staggered texts being sent out.

What confuses me is the fact that it's only for people who took out contracts direct with 02 and not re sellers. How that matters is beyond me and then some posted that they got the bolt on and had gone through cpw etc
Message 36 of 37

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@pauls33 wrote:

Me too 😞

Mine isn't shown as an option but as 4G tariff which is more than for the 3G tariff I was on previously. I've been told variously that I can have a reduction and the opposite by CS but I signed up as soon as it was available.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 37 of 37