Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Janthea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received a text from O2 saying I can get access to 4G at no extra cost.  Is this true, O2?

Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Check out the below for some more info:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/4G-Text-Campaign/m-p/621674#M7499

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
There are other threads where this has been discussed.

My fee was removed for 4g access back in december.

I guess until we here from o2 officially on this there was meant to be a news article on here but it has not appeared as of yet.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they will be moving your account up to 4G access.  You'll need a 4G sim card and handset (if you don't already have these) and to be in a 4G area.

Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's not what I've just been told by O2 and not my experience when going through the set up. My phone is ok, the area is ok but I'm not on a 4g tariff so it will cost an extra £5 a month. So not free at all as the SMS implies.

Why lie O2? Or, if this is not the case then please educate your customer service people. Either way this is really poor.
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's not what I've just been told by O2 and not my experience when going through the set up. My phone is ok, the area is ok but I'm not on a 4g tariff so it will cost an extra £5 a month. So not free at all as the SMS implies.

Why lie O2? Or, if this is not the case then please educate your customer service people. Either way this is really poor.

I am an O2 Customer Service Advisor and when I came into work this morning I was made aware of an announcement about it - and that people were being texted starting from yesterday. 

If you called and got someone that was unaware of it, then push them on it.  A simple check by the advisor would clear up any issues.

Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did, and got told in no uncertain terms that it was extra and that the text is just 'automatically generated'. Plus, when I go through the online set up it asks me to upgrade my tariff. Not exactly helpful is it?
Message 6 of 37

Janthea
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So does that mean I can get 4G without paying any extra on my tariff and it will just appear on my phone.  I only upgraded to 5S in October.

Message 7 of 37

Janthea
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also went on line Hiddenfishcake and I was also told I need to change my tariff.

Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby.

Are you able to assist these members ?
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have to change your tariff!  If you don't believe me (why would you, I only work for O2...) then go here:

http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Or the exact link to the 2nd faq 'you've told me you're giving 4G access at no extra cost..."

http://mobi.o2.co.uk/pl/svt/si/mo2couk/po/o2uk/ms/eoEDxxfC3d/pa/315571

slight_smile

Message 10 of 37