Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G tethering problem (iPhone SE A1723)

Billf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After upgrading my data plan (30Gb -> 100Gb) I am now unable to tether my Mac laptop (USB or WiFi) to my Mac laptop (OS X Mojave) using 4G

4G tethering was working well previously.

However, if I disable 4G for data in the iPhone settings I am able to successfully tether via 3G.... albeit with a generally slower data rate.

Can anyone tell me if this is this more likely a network /account issue or a software issue between my iphone/ Mac?

I cannot find any means of asking o2 at the moment.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93185 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's possible when upgrading that the wrong data bolt on has been added

You need to call them

All numbers are here and you need to select fraud or lost/stolen to be connected to a person

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Message 2 of 5

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, Billf,
Have you checked on your myo2 as the whether you have have had the 4G activated on the new data account?
If it is, you might just have to reset your networked settings. Go to settings > general > scroll all the way to bottom > select reset > then select reset network settings. See if that sorts it out for you.
If it isn't visible on your account next to the new data tariff, give 202 a ring selecting lost or stolen to get through to speak to someone. Do let me know how you get on. slight_smile

signature
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Billf 

Check if there are any issues wih 4g in your area O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Billf did you manage to get tethering up and running or are you still having difficulties? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5